Why become a member? ×

New Barefaced amp....? Maybe.

spyder

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02sae3HNozjBR4TG5jgosE2VwKPgq387KNCgLg4w31JzwbkRqcstVD5qV8xXCR9QSyl&id=100036309616648

See the last sentence taken from Barefaced website and Facebook page.

You lucky, lucky guitarists! 

We might have started working on the electronics for our first bass amp in 2017 but the skinny stringers are the first to get a Barefaced amp product! We've combined a really nice preamp design which is super clean and accurate with a crazy efficient amp module.

This miracle of tone (or maybe absence of tone?) and power has been squeezed into a tiny package that fits into every single AVD guitar cab we make, right from the tiny Upsetter 110 to the bassist-scaring Upsizing 215.

There are two choices for the Activier - the 1 (single channel, i.e. mono), and the 2 (dual channel, i.e. stereo). The Activier 1 has a single input, single gain knob, and single external speakon for an extension speaker. The Activier 2 has two inputs, two gain knobs and two external speakons. Logical!

Rumour has it that if you follow the link in our bio then you can place a pre-order...

And BASSISTS- we have an update for you next week...

Edited by spyder
  • Like 3

Pretty interested in the bass option. The threat of an amp has been a loooong time coming. For me a built in power amp with option for the cab to be active or passive would be ideal... Have to wait and see as I've never been very accurate when speculating. 

...disappointed it wasn't a bass solution of sorts first.... Depends what's coming though I guess. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

...disappointed it wasn't a bass solution of sorts first.... Depends what's coming though I guess. 

I wonder if their main market these days is their guitar cabs - if their YouTube content is anything to go by that would appear to be the case anyway!

5 hours ago, asingardenof said:

I wonder if their main market these days is their guitar cabs - if their YouTube content is anything to go by that would appear to be the case anyway!

Maybe guitarists need more convincing? Their bass market feels like it's probably pretty well established already. If that's generating a lot of business without much effort, it might make sense to focus on their guitar stuff to grow that revenue stream. 

• Like 5