Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic Bass Heads

Alan Wilkes

3 minutes ago, Dood said:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0CIU

Just checked my browser for you and I can see the kit. Here's the RH450. Though I have to say that the search on the TC site has been a bit questionable at times in the past.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I dId get to this page  the links go to the appropriate traders website but the products arent stocked, this happened on all the links on the right, it seems the only stocked items are the BH and BQ HEADS.

2 minutes ago, asingardenof said:

It looks like they've been discontinued, so eBay and Reverb are probably your best bet.

What a shame, it seemed like this maybe the case as I have seached for sometime to get a supplier. I did use them once at a rehearsal studio and the sound mangement was exactly what I wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering if TC have, more or less, pulled out of the Bass Market as you don't see anything apart from the smaller, cheap, micro head/cab stuff anymore. I'm assuming this is something to do with the Behringer ownership steering them in a differing direction?

Either rate - all TC gear I've used has been absolutely superb. My BH550 head has MVP status, from doing 200+ gigs over nearly 8 years and seeing off every head I tried to replace it with! (I assumed that higher end stuff 'must' be better. It wasn't.).

Sadly it started getting temperamental recently with volume drops out of the blue, so I replaced it with a Little Mark 4.

It doesn't feel like anything since the Rh heads and Rs Cabs has been quiet so ground breaking, not to say they haven't had good products but nothing as innovative and exciting.

Like toneprint is great but modeling digital effects were established already. They've added cool new things to it but again it's sort of all seems safe compared to the RH450 launch

It certainly seems like their R&D for bass and or guitar effects has been asleep for the last 5 or more years. It's a shame cos I would love to have seen that same ingenuity poored into a amp-modeller/full-multifx.

18 hours ago, SteveK said:

I have 2 TC RH750 amps.

I've owned Ampeg, Trace Elliot, Hartke and virtually every other "name" bass head out there. The RH750 is, by far, the best I've used. Strange that, alongside the RH450, it has been discontinued.

Same here. My oldest one was bought in 2011 and has never gone wrong. I purchased a second backup 750 a couple of years ago when they were going for half price - presumably as they were being discontinued.

My only beef with them is the poor quality of the knobs and sourcing replacements. It’s been discussed on a separate thread somewhere but several knobs on my original head simply split in half. In complete contrast to the rest of the amp which is built like a tank.

Since Music Tribe acquired the brand the level of after care service has been zero. I got so fed up with trying to source replacement knobs from MT (via one of their ‘authorised’ UK service agents) that I sent Uli Behringer a private message of dissatisfaction on his LinkedIn profile. He replied within 20 minutes and I received 2 full sets of spare knobs within a week.

Such great amps though and I’ve never been tempted by anything else.

• Like 1

I've just bought a TC 208 cab which I really really like. It has a really tight punchy sound. I'm super tempted to try a BH550 with it or maybe just the BH250. Ideally I'd love a RH750 or RH450 as I loved the one I tried but they do seem to be hard to find and getting on a bit now.