Why become a member? ×

Paul Mcnab “Paulman” Basses.

RikiB

I had a Paulman 5 string, which I only moved on purely because it was a 5 string; never seen another of his basses before or since.    Really well made (if a tad heavy) with beautifully figured tonewoods, which I believe he had a reputation for using. Think he was based up in the North of England.

• Like 1

A friend of mine who had a local music shop was a friend of Paul McNab. I went to Paul’s workshop

in Huddersfield a couple of times to deliver / collect guitars for him. Paul was not only a builder but

also did refinishes on instruments, to a very high standard. My friend had a 50’s style 2 tone

P-bass that Paul made for him, and it was an excellent bass ( albeit a touch heavy IIRC).

Paul did a great job on my 63 P-bass. When I acquired it the finish was literally peeling off

it, having been stored for a couple of years in a loft. Paul did a nice natural refin on it, which

has lasted over 30 years.

IMG_1060.jpeg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, casapete said:

A friend of mine who had a local music shop was a friend of Paul McNab. I went to Paul’s workshop

in Huddersfield a couple of times to deliver / collect guitars for him. Paul was not only a builder but

also did refinishes on instruments, to a very high standard. My friend had a 50’s style 2 tone

P-bass that Paul made for him, and it was an excellent bass ( albeit a touch heavy IIRC).

Paul did a great job on my 63 P-bass. When I acquired it the finish was literally peeling off

it, having been stored for a couple of years in a loft. Paul did a nice natural refin on it, which

IMG_1060.jpeg

There is a special place in my heart for a stripped pre CBS with an original tort plate. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, casapete said:

IMG_1060.jpeg

Lovely 

• Thanks 1