Why become a member? ×

Warning: do not eat

Sharkfinger

Do not eat this Bass soul food.

BTW, the binary has no ASCII value an Unicode is the French C with the squiggle underneath. The dec is 101914. 

whether that adds more information to the warning I don’t know.

I have to find out so I can eat whatever it’s advising me not to.

image.jpg

Edited by Sharkfinger
  • Haha 10

9 hours ago, Sharkfinger said:

BTW, the binary has no ASCII value an Unicode is the French C with the squiggle underneath. The dec is 101914. 

image.jpg

Perhaps the last section has been rubbed away and after the number it should state, "kebabs, without Doctor's advice."

14 hours ago, Sharkfinger said:

image.jpg

Also it's no Unicode but in ASCII 11000111000011010 = Ç

Whatever that is supposed to mean?

First letter in designers first or last name, maybe?

And by the way that letter is pronounced "SH" for what it is worth, similar to the German ẞ letter, also known as Double S.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

On 19/09/2023 at 10:41, Sharkfinger said:

BTW, the binary has no ASCII value ... The dec is 101914. 

...101914 could be a date** in US format:  10/19/14 = Oct 19 2014  (The date the PCB designer was messing about with the silkscreen layout?)

I seem to remember that people producing the Masters for pressing Vinyls used to 'sign' them with their Tag/Date

(**They've been very specific in using 17 bits to encode something - it doesn't conform to the pattern: 8, 16, 32 bits of data bus width; 17 is a prime no., so it's not a stream of equal-width encoded characters or symbols, eg ASCII, Unicode, etc., so either its just random gobbledegook ...or, 17 bits was the minimum no. bits needed to contain the value of the number: 101914)

Edited by sandy_r
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sandy_r said:

...101914 could be a date** in US format:  10/19/14 = Oct 19 2014  (The date the PCB designer was messing about with the silkscreen layout?)

I seem to remember that people producing the Masters for pressing Vinyls used to 'sign' them with their Tag/Date

(**They've been very specific in using 17 biits to encode something - it doesn't conform to the pattern: 8, 16, 32 bits of data bus width; 17 is a prime no., so it's not a stream of equal-width encoded characters or symbols, eg ASCII, Unicode, etc., so either its just random gobbledegook ...or, 17 bits was the minimum no. bits needed to contain the value of the number: 101914)

Seems most likely explanation to me.  I think the BSF was released in 2015 IIRC, so that might well be when the PCB was designed.

• Thanks 1