Why become a member? ×

ACG Skelf, £1000 - *SOLD*
£1000
Bury, north Manchester

Descendent

Sadly I really do need to let this go now so it's priced accordingly.

This is a beautiful bass, great weight, well balanced, has a low action and plays like a dream.

Body wood – black limba

Top wood – curly redwood

Neck – lightly asymmetric, maple/wenge/padauk

Fingerboard – acrylic impregnated wenge

Pickups – ACG overwound single (neck) ACG humbucker (bridge), both have toggles for splitting

Electronics – ACG/East SEQ+ preamp. Essentially a powerful tone control for each pickup plus a global treble control for adding extra bite (think Wal or Stingray)

Hardware – Hipshot, Dunlop strap pins

Weight – 8.8lbs

Scale length – 34"

Shipping is go-able and collection is always welcome too.

I would potentially consider a trade for something of lower value and cash my way. A new one to this spec would set you back £3000+ so this is a ridiculous bargain.

PXL_20230709_095301038.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20230709_095218154.jpg

PXL_20230709_095213482.jpg

PXL_20230709_095208934.jpg

PXL_20230709_095204192.jpg

PXL_20230709_095158293.jpg

PXL_20230709_095141802.jpg

PXL_20230709_095139531.jpg

Edited by Descendent
  • Like 23
  • Sad 1

• Descendent changed the title to ACG Skelf, £1000

This is an insane price for what is a close to £3k bass, if you wanted one building. As a previous owner I can  say this is an absolute stunner. It is light and you can dial in some great tones with the filter Pre-Amp and coil switching. If it hadn't been for the onset of arthritis making me change to medium scale, another ACG, I would never have sold this one. Alan originally built it for himself and I bought it direct from him.

Tom is great to deal with as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BassBunny said:

This is an insane price for what is a close to £3k bass, if you wanted one building. As a previous owner I can  say this is an absolute stunner. It is light and you can dial in some great tones with the filter Pre-Amp and coil switching. If it hadn't been for the onset of arthritis making me change to medium scale, another ACG, I would never have sold this one. Alan originally built it for himself and I bought it direct from him.

Tom is great to deal with as well.

Thanks for the kind words Stu. I absolutely love this bass but needs must at the moment sadly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 19:59, binky_bass said:

A thou is super cheap for this bass. Probably the best bargain on BC at the moment. T'were it a 6, it'd already be at home with me! 

Or me, especially if it was a shorter scale!!

On 21/09/2023 at 16:10, Descendent said:

If it's the filter preamp making folks unsure, at this price it'd still be a bargain to drop a 3-band in.

It's the only kind of control that's better on the bass than on the amp.  Why would you not want it?

• Descendent changed the title to ACG Skelf, SOLD