Why become a member? ×

Fender precision bass guitar used Antigua green. 1978
£1990
Barrow

BOMBADEL

Fender precision, 1978, rare colour of Antigua green (I have been told that this is a rare colour). I used to gig with this about 15 years ago but it has seen little use since. Recently tried it with a mini amp and it worked fine, nice sound.

Weighs roughly 5 kg. Has some non original parts such as the back plate. Currently on eBay but if anyone is interested I can take it off for a sale and send via dpd.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295922610172?hash=item44e65caffc:g:m2sAAOSwOXVk-yLW&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwK%2BU6%2Fzi1zhXPpUuulbkUmqJKRSRSPLdncLydlkBGrlAvaQGlSLAS%2B8os7j23sfQK8RZzEZp0hVfqmQgRvVJG4ExorXaQdKVA7Xc6T9V4aIanBHpF%2FAhOpbhp4B3f9hhBiCxymJ6Zue%2FEhIZ2JzpSKFYoqYuNPbaigLtSUETNdRHQT8TXrshOrSgT2XwPutretOh21N9fZL%2BzTh2bDWAo7XTrbEc3tjKkONmzOo8zMDjVEt1hO8YgQCIkLJn%2FB2Gdg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR67J2NLQYg

• Like 3

The tuners are reverse types rather than the 70’s type so probably replacements back plate has the plastic cushion but no F stamp. It would be interesting to see some shots of the wiring and pickups. 

Edited by ash

15 hours ago, ash said:

The tuners are reverse types rather than the 70’s type so probably replacements back plate has the plastic cushion but no F stamp. It would be interesting to see some shots of the wiring and pickups. 

I thought the tuners would have Fender on the back plates

I think this bass really needs to come apart to determine the originality.

Potential buyers will be asking all sorts

but it looks bloomin fabulous. My mate has one that has been gigged to destruction and it has mojo and more mojo but very little is original, new pups, pickguard, pots etc

would be good to get the plate off and the neck, there might be a date code on the neck, find out if the pots are original etc

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Matthew Potter said:

would anyone have a rough valuation

It’s a bit difficult to value without knowing what is and what isn’t original, most people buying will ask for the normal information and pictures, which is pickup dates, pot dates and wiring etc, maybe get someone to do this for you if you’re not comfortable doing it 

49 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

It’s a bit difficult to value without knowing what is and what isn’t original, most people buying will ask for the normal information and pictures, which is pickup dates, pot dates and wiring etc, maybe get someone to do this for you if you’re not comfortable doing it 

Ok thanks for the info, I’ll take it to the local music shop to check it over, I’m happy taking the screws out, it’s just the risk of cracking the paint work further

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BOMBADEL said:

Yeah I was lol, what’s your name ? That’s well remembered

No way!  My name's Chris and I played in a couple of bands....'Sabotage' and 'Floater' (jeez, what were we thinking?!) I think we supported you a few times back in probably early 2000's.  I found my old school record a few years ago and it had Optimus Prime scribbled all over it :D

@BOMBADEL I am a bit intrigued by your bass. Antigua is a kind of love it or hate it finish, but they didn’t do many of them, and they do have their avid collectors, albeit usually in as good a condition as possible. I think yours is a cool looking bass. It needs a proper looking at to reassure any potential buyers, including me. I can see you’re in Barrow, and I can actually see across to Barrow as I type this. If you’re ever around the other side of the bay, let me know.

I used to gig in Barrow reasonably often too, with various bands. Barrow Blues Club with The Stumble, the old Duke of Edinburgh (pre refurb) with AC/DO, and post refurb with my own trio, downstairs in the cellar. 

Rob

On 16/09/2023 at 15:24, ossyrocks said:

@BOMBADEL I am a bit intrigued by your bass. Antigua is a kind of love it or hate it finish, but they didn’t do many of them, and they do have their avid collectors, albeit usually in as good a condition as possible. I think yours is a cool looking bass. It needs a proper looking at to reassure any potential buyers, including me. I can see you’re in Barrow, and I can actually see across to Barrow as I type this. If you’re ever around the other side of the bay, let me know.

I used to gig in Barrow reasonably often too, with various bands. Barrow Blues Club with The Stumble, the old Duke of Edinburgh (pre refurb) with AC/DO, and post refurb with my own trio, downstairs in the cellar. 

Rob

Hi mate thanks for the interest but it’s sold now.

• Like 1