Why become a member? ×

40th Anniversary Precision £259 at Thomann!

Frank n funker

1 hour ago, Linus27 said:

Yeah, I totally agree, thank to @Frank n funker for bringing this to our attention :)

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

Indeed, to fella! We thank you.

It's my pleasure chaps, I'm really happy that so many on this great forum have taken advantage of the offer and are as happy with their bass as I am 👍

• Like 3

As much as I love my new squier bass, I certainly have gotten more of a wow factor from my harley benton purchases. Mrs Glambass didn't believe me when i told her how much my latest one cost. I had to show her. I guess she knows my techniques after 14 years.... 😉 

I've got a fair few now and they never cease to amaze me how they can produce a bass to such a good standard and still make a profit. Maybe i've just been lucky, but all of my purchases have been cosmetically great. One required a little action tweak, but i'm not complaining at that.  

I bought a JB-75MN a while back and for £148 it really is quite a piece of kit! Its done a shedload of gigs and if it gets dinged, used as a baseball bat or run over by the tour bus i'm not going to cry too much.

I'm no label snob - i'm quite happy to gig with a HB. 

• Like 3

Mine arrived.  It's beautiful, plays nicely and it's pretty light.  

Which means it neck dives, so needs to go back unfortunately.  I'm not going down that road again.  Should have known better than to buy without trying and b-stock at that.  Got caught up in the feeding frenzy I guess.

Conflicted about exchanging it for another vintage white, which they still have available.

EDIT: played nicely once I brought the action down, had very little relief.  The neck is amazing.  Not as slim front-to-back as my '82 Squier precision, so not exactly a re-issue but certainly one of the best necks I've held.

Edited by Sharkfinger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sharkfinger said:

Which means it neck dives, so needs to go back unfortunately.  I'm not going down that road again.  Should have known better than to buy without trying and b-stock at that.  Got caught up in the feeding frenzy I guess.

Conflicted about exchanging it for another vintage white, which they still have available.

EDIT: played nicely once I brought the action down, had very little relief.  The neck is amazing.  Not as slim front-to-back as my '82 Squier precision, so not exactly a re-issue but certainly one of the best necks I've held.

PhotoCollage_20211114_123145228.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharkfinger said:

My Precision is 8 1/2 lbs and neck dives. I purchased a strap from Pinegrove to counter this. The result? A nice bass and a nice strap. 

https://www.pinegroveleather.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

My Precision is 8 1/2 lbs and neck dives. I purchased a strap from Pinegrove to counter this. The result? A nice bass and a nice strap. 

https://www.pinegroveleather.com

Straps just pull my t-shirt down.  

2 hours ago, jd56hawk said:

PhotoCollage_20211114_123145228.jpg

Don't really want to go adding weight.  

Like I said, I've been in this situation a few times before, it never ends well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I've never, ever, been bothered by neck dive. I suppose it's either something that bugs you or something you compensate for and don't notice.

Yep, I'm exactly the same. My hand is on the neck when playing so the bass tends to always be in the right place and if by chance I'm not playing, my left hand droops over the neck under the top horn so again never dives.

• Like 1