Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts - Classic Albums Live

toneknob

I've had a bit more of a think about this, and while there are a decent number of albums where I like ever single song, I'm not sure I would want to see any of them performed live in there entirety, and especially not with the songs in the order they appear on the recording.

For me there is a significant difference between a recording and a gig, and most bands IMO shouldn't try and make the two the same. There are also compromises in the running order for any album originally released on vinyl that would compromise the atmosphere of a live performance.

So I'll keep my albums for listening at home, and enjoy those bands that are still playing live mixing it up one stage.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tauzero said:

If Jan Akkerman got back with Focus, I'd like to see them doing Hamburger Concerto (a 25 minute excerpt can be found on Youtube).

Is Colin Allen still with us? As much as I love Pierre Van Der Linden, his jazz interpretation of Cathedrale is... questionable.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Is Colin Allen still with us? As much as I love Pierre Van Der Linden, his jazz interpretation of Cathedrale is... questionable.

Just checked and he is, but he's 84. Also just had a listen to a 2020 performance of Cathedrale and I prefer the original with Akkerman and Colin Allen.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

I'm suprised Def Leppard haven't made the cut. They've been touring "Hysteria" in it's entirety for a few years now, on and off.

I was hoping someone would mention Def Leppard and the 'Hysteria' album.

They did this for basically an entire tour and it was very well received by the fans. I'm surprised they haven't yet done the same for 'Pyromania'.

Maybe as they have done the 'Hysteria' album, 'Pyromania' could be a good and valid suggestion for this thread.

Mark