Why become a member? ×

Mysterious fretless bass

Boodang

14 minutes ago, WinterMute said:

I find my fretlesses completely mysterious, in that it's a complete mystery where the notes are...

I get this - I think the frets hold the notes on to the fingerboard and if you don't have any the notes slide off the neck overnight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ahpook said:

I get this - I think the frets hold the notes on to the fingerboard and if you don't have any the notes slide off the neck overnight.

Thanks for clearing that up, I've always wondered where they go and why they never seem to be in the same place...

• Haha 2

Just now, nilorius said:

Ohh....so now You associate it with fretless bass. I didn't knew that robots care, but thanks a lot for giving interesting advices! 😉

I think there's enough evidence here for an entire conference ... ... and I leave Nilo to bounce around his padded walls again. 🥹

10 minutes ago, snorkie635 said:

I think there's enough evidence here for an entire conference ... ... and I leave Nilo to bounce around his padded walls again. 🥹

Will be waiting for that conference with a lot of interest and canned heat. See Ya soon, just don't order dogs to stand at the door, it can be dangerous for You!

14 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

The proper term is clam. Your lines are full of clams, although to be a proper clam it has to be in tune but a semitone out of key.

But what do You think about shrimps. They should also be there!

Heres what I think.The piscatorial theme makes me think that the 'Bass' in question is actually the fish,and not the instrument,The 'fretless' theme is that the fish is not fretting,and so hasn't a care in the world.So its all about a mysterious happy fish.Plain as the nose on your wotsit.

2 hours ago, squire5 said:

Heres what I think.The piscatorial theme makes me think that the 'Bass' in question is actually the fish,and not the instrument,The 'fretless' theme is that the fish is not fretting,and so hasn't a care in the world.So its all about a mysterious happy fish.Plain as the nose on your wotsit.

It's not fretting at the moment, but wait till someone uppercuts it.

Edited by tauzero
More space...

Oh I get it... all Bass are fretless, but not all basses are fretless. But scales are common to both. 

As someone who is about to start playing fretless bass again, after a layoff of about twenty years, I'd imagine my wife (who has perfect pitch) will be screaming the words "subtle" and "mysterious" as she pummels me with a shoe after another less than accurate rendition of the intro to "Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home.)"

• Haha 1