Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie 400+ (flightcased), 2x10, 1 x15 stack -ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£2400
Emsworth, West Sussex

Petey

Mesa Boogie 400+ Watt Valve amp, matching 2 x10 and 1x 15 cabs

I've loved this set-up ever since I became aware of it in the 1980s and coveted it. I felt I was lucky to get the chance to buy this some years ago and have since only gigged it a hand full of times. It's one of the rare times I've experienced the power, authority and pleasure in such a sound.

It is with heavy heart, that at almost 62, I have come to accept that I will not be using the set-up again and so must move on to pastures new.

It probably realistically deserves to be either with a collector,  a Pro recording and/or Rehearsal Studio.

400+ head - I bought a set of valves from Watford Valves when I first purchased the amp and had them put in. There are 11 of the original Mesa Power amp valves and 4 original Pre amp valves you can also have. It comes with two flight cases - the original Mesa wooden one and a padded RHIHO case I have housed it in to protect the amp better and also preserve the original case. I also have both the ends of the Rhino case - not pictured.

EQ on/off pedal - Official pedal, you will just need a cable to connect this to the EQ input section

2 x10 Cab - The speakers were changed for a new pair ordered in from Mesa in California through Westside in Scotland.

1 x 15 Cab - Comes complete with the 4 attached castors, two of which are locking.

I am based on the South Coast, just east of Portsmouth, and I you would need to travel to try before you buy.

If you would like more information or pictures of certain parts of the amp please let me know and i'll be happy to post the pics here or to you.

I'm more than happy for you to come and try the set-up out.

£2400.00 ono collected.

Image.jpeg

Image-2.jpeg

IMG20230623164521.jpg

IMG20230623164628.jpg

IMG20230623164751.jpg

IMG20230623164449.jpg

Edited by Petey
  • Like 5

Might be worth adding (as it's a popular thing now, it seems) that this wonderful thing will run at 2 ohms (using the top pair of speaker outputs - the wording is on the top of the chassis).

Even the cabs are wide-eyed and open mouthed at how good this is!

Edited by Steve Browning
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Petey changed the title to Mesa Boogie 400+ (flightcased), 2x10, 1 x15 stack - SOLD