• dad3353
    • upside downer
    • Doctor J
    • Lurksalot
    • nail soup
    • wolfram
    • AndyTravis

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/23 at 23:01

After a great winning entry from @NickD last month he offered up the following picture for May.

A picture that has brought out a fine selection for your delectation.

Have a good listen through and cast 3 votes for your favourites

image.png.a3ceace1fc26fb0e9910db97abb02927.png

Favourite 3 please , enjoy ...

1   @NickD    I started off working towards an ambient electronic track, as that's how the image felt to me, but as I started getting lyric ideas together, they largely centred around the idea of doors, real and metaphorical, be it to another realm, or some earthly change or opportunity. From that it developed into more of a 'song' than a cinematic thing, so I ended up with a bit of both... I think!

@Leonard Smalls   Right-O! In my occasional series of covers, here's the Motel's "Total Control".

Though it's slightly reworked as a rant against the billionaire newspaper owners who shape public opinion in order to further their own agendas....

@Dad3353   An exercise in Mind Control. Listening to this track whilst looking at the picture brings about a new state of consciousness; at the fourth listening session, her eye will wink suggestively. Guaranteed; I kid you not.

@upside downer    Green door, what's that secret you're keeping?' asked Shakin' Stevens many moons ago. Now, he's baffled by the bizarre sight in front of him, so much so in fact that he is lost for words. He'll just have to make do with this relaxed, mid-tempo, gently mysterious synth groove to try and decipher the meaning of it all. Don't let it drive you crazy, Shaky!

@Doctor J   Eyes are everywhere, everyone is watching everyone else. Especially stalkers. They're really watching hard.

6  lurksalot    this was intended as a political rant , but seems to be a bit soft to hit anything too hard :)

7 @Nail Soup  My initial thought was remembering back to when I was a child... my friend told me that his parents had told him that they could see him all the time, wherever he was, whatever he did. I told my Mum about it and (looking back) her body language showed no little disapproval at their parenting methods. So it's about the "eye in the sky watching you until you die". The music came naturally but didn't support a full set of lyrics, just the single refrain.

@Wolfram   The photo immediately put me in mind of an Enigma album cover, and I was (and am still) a big fan, so that's where I've gone with this one - "I See You" - a dreamy flight of fantasy. I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed putting it together!

added entry ...

if you have already voted for others, I can't edit or change the poll counts.

9 @AndyTravis

There we have it , another fine crop for you.

choose your favourite 3 

Voting will end at midnight on 31st May 

have a good weekend  :sun_bespectacled:

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 5