Why become a member? ×

NBD: American Pro II Jazz

uk_lefty

Loving the colour and the feel. Really impressed with this. I tried one in a shop ages ago and wasn't impressed but the feel of the neck, tuners and the overall quality of finish has really impressed me so far. Once the kids are asleep will get it through the amp!

IMG20230424173237.jpg

• Like 21

9 hours ago, BlueMoon said:

Loving it!

What’s not to like?! Good score.

Must have been a bad one I tried a while back. This is just quality all over. I've had Japanese Fenders and a Mexican Fender before, they're way behind this. My measure for quality is my Stingray which is from 2018, this Fender might even be ahead of that. I wasn't sure about the colour but decided to just go for it.

I haven't had more than five minutes with it plugged in but I have spent a long time just playing it unplugged. Band practice tomorrow evening will be the first proper outing. The guitarist has already said he will cry if I bring it in a soft case!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bix said:

Love that colour with the maple board. Tried the right handed version a while back, but it was with rosewood, and that colour cries out for maple. Lovely.

Likewise the lefties get a rosewood board on the dark night colour but righties get a maple... No idea why.

There are some great colours in this range, I really like the P bass in the glittery pale green too. 

My wife stopped in her tracks asking how much it cost to comment on the colour!

• 2 weeks later...

So far so great with this bass. I've used it in two band rehearsals and a gig. The highs are really clear and present, the bass is nice and deep and defined... It doesn't have the brittleness of tone that some maple boarded basses can have IMO. The stock strings need to go, I can't wait to get some new ones on, but even with slightly dead strings this bass really really sings. The feel of the neck is fantastic, the weight and balance just right. The tuners are really stable including the E which needs to come down to D occasionally. I'm super impressed. It's a much more refined instrument than my Stingray so it complements it fantastically. I thought I might regret the cost but I have to say I have no regrets at all. Even the case is incredibly well put together!

• Like 1

On 25/04/2023 at 07:31, Bix said:

Love that colour with the maple board. Tried the right handed version a while back, but it was with rosewood, and that colour cries out for maple. Lovely.

On 25/04/2023 at 10:08, uk_lefty said:

Likewise the lefties get a rosewood board on the dark night colour but righties get a maple... No idea why.

I thought exactly same thing. Maple should be on the miami blue and rosewood for the dark night.

Guess it's time the lefties got the best pick for once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnR said:

I have the same model in lefty Olympic white and prefer it to the Wal I played for 30 years

Well, if the Wal is off to the skip I suppose I could, reluctantly, take it off your hands... 

😜

• Like 1