Why become a member? ×

ATTN: Harpenden

PaulThePlug

Loverly Slab P w/MM Black n Bound... Maple n Pearl Block, How sweet would this look with a tele-ed head? Aria. Worth a cheeky offer £100 offer... luckily to far away from me, and i'd get told off...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194207115662?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=JHjWxJ3IR9e&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=daj_hJ6fSo-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by PaulThePlug

Been on eBay for ages that one, supposed to be excellent basses. Some had beautiful tops, can't see much from those awful photos so you might get a nice surprise.

Arias always seem to punch a fair bit above their weight, just an unfashionable name which (along with the photos) is probably why that one has hung around for a bit.

It's been on eBay for ages that, the last revision to the listing was back in 2021. Seller has probably sold it, forgot it was listed and is just ignoring your messages. They also only have 2 feedback and I'm assuming the recent negative one is yours! There's another one listed which might be worth watching and waiting for a price drop:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255990565923?hash=item3b9a3a0c23:g:ncsAAOSwAg9i1l2-&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAkL%2FW9z0teV%2B5X8nxlbgeeI8yTQJohusq94RZAwMUhwMLaUZrhSSfBR7VXiSZ6ijsF2V8lB6%2ByPVGzVshUEqORPd3%2Bpyp%2BJHwtcv8LB0KL4gKUwNJTnRCkORm1oQVPMAoY9LYJThkQhEFbTTSFIFwU8h6corDyDeGWdw2Ug2QSG9FwYATFtBabeIobhNxHhasoQ%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_z_-6HUYQ

Not one of the nice tops though, some of them look like this:

104715972.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20160714211

I think @Bassassin has/had a very nice one as well.

So the saga comes to an end....

I started a dispute using eBay and suddenly she gets in contact with me apologising for not going on ebay. 

She sends me her address which my phone doesn't recognise but puts me close enough to find the flat. Bass looks OK - I'll take the dogs out and check it over when I'm done.

JOOI anybody want it??

Phone on charge so it'll have to be tomorrow for photos. 

The body is a figured black/ dark grey like the one in @lemmywinks post featuring some early roadworn-ness - remember this adds value to instruments. Neck is a non-sticky gloss finish which feels tiny since I've been playing 5ers.

The standard MM Humbucker has a surprising broad spectrum of tones - far better than I expected TBH. Gunky cheap Chinese (I believe) strings produce, again, surprisingly good tones though these should be changed at the earliest opportunity.

If I'd had this earlier in my career I wouldn't be unhappy with it. If I was given it I would be a more than chuffed. Easily worth what I paid for it - even with all the messing about from the numpty seller (who had it tuned in some weird tuning).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Phone on charge so it'll have to be tomorrow for photos. 

The body is a figured black/ dark grey like the one in @lemmywinks post featuring some early roadworn-ness - remember this adds value to instruments. Neck is a non-sticky gloss finish which feels tiny since I've been playing 5ers.

The standard MM Humbucker has a surprising broad spectrum of tones - far better than I expected TBH. Gunky cheap Chinese (I believe) strings produce, again, surprisingly good tones though these should be changed at the earliest opportunity.

If I'd had this earlier in my career I wouldn't be unhappy with it. If I was given it I would be a more than chuffed. Easily worth what I paid for it - even with all the messing about from the numpty seller (who had it tuned in some weird tuning).

I gigged a Chinese Aria IGB55 for a while which had what I presume to be the same MM pickup, sounded brilliant. Swapped it out for a Seymour Duncan Basslines as one came up cheap (can turn down £30!) but there wasn't that much of a difference tbh.