Why become a member? ×

New Sandberg model revealed today: The Florence (now with video demo)

fretmeister

This is what Gibson EB0 basses looked like before they switched over to the SG style in 1961. The shape was from the LesPaul Jr guitars that were made after 1958.

This looks like an updated take on a classic design to me. 

A59DA0A1-4B84-48C8-B508-845AB9512694.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, martthebass said:

I still kinda like it but just think it's a bit on the bass heavy side (or is that just how they've recorded it?).

Given the position of the pickup, i wasn't surprised on the tone, but always take into account what sort of device ./ speakers you're listening with

On 19/02/2023 at 22:27, Jonesy said:

Very DC Jnr a-like. I can live with the headstock and bridge, it's the four dots they put on the body that I'm not a fan of.

That's their signature pee marks, to know the player of it is Sandberg property.

Because the standard headstock pee mark might get ignored by less delicate dog noses, and also the body pee mark is harder to just tape over without it looking equally stupid.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

The Jr was initially envisioned as a cheap budget Gibson in the late 50’s. No binding , fancy inlays or carved top. 
And the recent Tribute DC Jr bass followed suit , with a cheap rough finish to keep costs down. No binding , inlays , slab body.

This Sandberg with a bolt on neck is about twice the price of the Jr. Despite the lack of binding , inlays or carved top. I imagine the finish is much nicer than what Gibson did.

1 hour ago, msb said:

The Jr was initially envisioned as a cheap budget Gibson in the late 50’s. No binding , fancy inlays or carved top. 
And the recent Tribute DC Jr bass followed suit , with a cheap rough finish to keep costs down. No binding , inlays , slab body.

This Sandberg with a bolt on neck is about twice the price of the Jr. Despite the lack of binding , inlays or carved top. I imagine the finish is much nicer than what Gibson did.

Ultimately it's a bolt on 4 string bass with a single pickup and 2 knobs, made in Germany by a smaller company.

As a concept it is not any different to a Precision. And a current Fender American Professional II P bass is about £1900.

As it happens I think the current price for that P bass is mad, but it seems to be the way of the world, but I also know which one I'd rather spend the money on.

• Like 2

I think I like both the sound and the looks. Not the price though, but atm my most expensive bass cost me ~€275 (admittedly 20 years or so ago's money) so please ignore me

I like that it's a shortscale that does not look too small. I guess it's the wide body, like many semihollows

Edited by Paolo85

Obviously I'm a long time Sandberg fan, but I REALLY like the look/sound of these and would love at something similar! I've long had a hankering for a shorty with a humbucker, but I think I'm possibly going to build one after my current build 😊