Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton JB-62

Paolo85

On 03/04/2023 at 10:12, Bobo_08 said:

The other thing that surprises me at the price point, is that the decent set of strings they come with, which at this price represents a fair percentage of the overall price!

And I still read folk saying the first thing they did was rip off the crap strings 🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stewblack said:

And I still read folk saying the first thing they did was rip off the crap strings 🤣😂🤣😂

Lol, daft! However having said that the strings on my PB20 were definitely not D'Addarios, I just checked and this is still the case. 

Edited by Bobo_08

1 hour ago, Bobo_08 said:

Lol, daft! However having said that the strings on my PB20 were definitely not D'Addarios, I just checked and this is still the case. 

Yeah, but  the HB strings are, in my oh so humble opinion, absolutely fine anyway

3 hours ago, stewblack said:

Yeah, but  the HB strings are, in my oh so humble opinion, absolutely fine anyway

They are ok, a bit rougher to than branded strings, I actually changed them for HB home branded 45's which were a modest improvement.

The MB4 comes with very mediocre strings, rough as a badgers backside and flat as witches tit audibly. 

Fitted some Harley Benton Value strings (Orange silks) and a total night and day difference, it really comes to life.

.....those Harley Benton Value strings are really very good, don't buy anything else now, I wonder whom is making them😎

Edited by iconic
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, iconic said:

The MB4 comes with very mediocre strings, rough as a badgers backside and flat as witches tit audibly. 

Fitted some Harley Benton Value strings (Orange silks) and a total night and day difference, it really comes to life.

.....those Harley Benton Value strings are really very good, don't buy anything else now, I wonder whom is making them😎

That's what I used, orange silk ones. I have a set of HB flats to try too. 

I also really like Rotosounds Billy Sheehan's, they were very reasonably priced too ~£17 if I recall, the E string lends it's self well to drop D tuning. 

On 07/04/2023 at 06:42, Bobo_08 said:

That's what I used, orange silk ones. I have a set of HB flats to try too. 

I also really like Rotosounds Billy Sheehan's, they were very reasonably priced too ~£17 if I recall, the E string lends it's self well to drop D tuning. 

Snap, I've a set of Value flats to try too😊

Edited by iconic
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

I couldn't order an MV-4JB in anything but sunburst so decided to go with one of these instead. Ordered the Dakota Red 16703994_800.jpg.f54863f53ebdb61242c7c135c86688fc.jpg

Hey mate. I had a black one and they are great Jazz basses and not just for the money. The neck on mine was nice, a few sharpish edges that was easily sorted and the red looks exc.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bobo_08 said:

.. this is the Harley Benton JB-62 thread... It's a Harley Benton JB-62 😊

I thought he couldn't get anything other than sunburst so thought it was a different brand...just re-read...I'm too tired, time to get off the Internet...Miles out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

Hey mate. I had a black one and they are great Jazz basses and not just for the money. The neck on mine was nice, a few sharpish edges that was easily sorted and the red looks exc.

Thanks Gerry,

Hope you're keeping well. I've got a MV-4P/J in shell pink. Was so impressed with it I decided to go for a Jazz as well. I think the red/tort/rosewood with matching headstock looks the best of the lot. Ordered a set of flatwounds at the same time and I've got some covers to put on it too. Crazy cheap!

Keir

• Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 20:28, neil___lien said:

Cool!!

Let us know how U like it when U get it!

Ah and also: how heavy is it? Hehe

Will do. fwiw my MV-4P/J with the Gotohs is 9lb 14oz. 

On 07/04/2023 at 23:17, Bobo_08 said:

I'm tempted to get a second one strung with flats. 

I'm tempted to get a second in oly white and string it with roundwounds 🙂

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, dub_junkie said:

Will do. fwiw my MV-4P/J with the Gotohs is 9lb 14oz. 

I'm tempted to get a second in oly white and string it with roundwounds 🙂

9lbs 14oz approx 4.4kg that's not bad at all considering it is an Alder body, very close to the weight of some of the Poplar models! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...