Why become a member? ×

Squier Precision Standard PJ - *SOLD*
£200
Margate

jay-syncro

Squier Precision Standard up for grabs. I purchased this bass as a backup after I had a bass fail on me at a festival gig! Needless to say I've raided my spares drawer and upgraded it in the following ways: Custom Jess Loureiro P pickup, Kiogon solderless wiring loom, Wilkinson bridge with brass saddles and white strat knobs. It's been well gigged over the years and is showing signs of use, but it's ageing nicely and feels very much broken in. The volume pots can be slightly scratchy if not used for a while (they were like this from new) but a few turns usually rectifies this. 

Collection/trial in Margate or I can box it up if you'd like to arrange a courier. 

IMG20230206152954.jpg

IMG20230206152910.jpg

IMG20230206152846.jpg

IMG20230206152717.jpg

IMG20230206152659.jpg

IMG20230206152641.jpg

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 12

If this is one of the earlier Made In Indonesia "VM" series - then it's a great bass for the money.
I had one, and it was well made, and the original pickups sounded pretty good too (although this one should sound better, obviously).

I seem to recall the neck was slightly narrower than typical P basses, yet slightly wider than a Jazz?
Also, I seem to recall the neck feeling nice & silky smooth, and the bass being fairly lightweight....

Not sure whether that is Shorline Gold - but looks nice anyway. Great bass for this sort of cash - great backup too.
GLWTS

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Marc S said:

If this is one of the earlier Made In Indonesia "VM" series - then it's a great bass for the money.
I had one, and it was well made, and the original pickups sounded pretty good too (although this one should sound better, obviously).

I seem to recall the neck was slightly narrower than typical P basses, yet slightly wider than a Jazz?
Also, I seem to recall the neck feeling nice & silky smooth, and the bass being fairly lightweight....

Not sure whether that is Shorline Gold - but looks nice anyway. Great bass for this sort of cash - great backup too.
GLWTS

Thanks for the comments, it was made in Indonesia and has the silky smooth and slim neck 👍

• Like 1

On 08/02/2023 at 09:06, Marc S said:

GLWTS

Precursor to the VM series,sort of - the Indonesian built Standard series hence the silly Standard Special name. Great basses with some odd quirks like the pickguard being a different fit to modern Squier/Fenders. I had the metallic black PJ but they did a number of snazzy colours, including Pewter and Black with matching headstocks, which were all pretty rare on a Squier at the time. Metallic Purple was my favourite.

trbuvx7w7wr2nyvjxtoi.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, borntohang said:

Precursor to the VM series,sort of - the Indonesian built Standard series hence the silly Standard Special name. Great basses with some odd quirks like the pickguard being a different fit to modern Squier/Fenders. I had the metallic black PJ but they did a number of snazzy colours, including Pewter and Black with matching headstocks, which were all pretty rare on a Squier at the time. Metallic Purple was my favourite.

trbuvx7w7wr2nyvjxtoi.jpg

Wow! That really IS an amazing colour. Oh no.... that pic has induced GAS lol :) 

• jay-syncro changed the title to Squier Precision Standard PJ SOLD