Why become a member? ×

Reduced G&L Tribute SB-2 now £320: Final Bump before it goes to shop - *WITHDRAWN*
£375
Hertfordshire

Tokalo

Basically a passive p-bass with a jazz neck.

It’s gorgeous, with a hot p pickup and excellent build quality.

Weight: 4.1kg / 9.0lb

Collect from Welwyn Garden, or I’m happy to meet up at a reasonable distance. Insured courier would cost £30.

E8A4F40F-0D0B-472C-AD44-1D04564470F4.jpeg

531C0F21-96FB-4FD1-B5D4-1E9298BDD6F0.jpeg

78BB1678-0F4D-4144-BF32-50F85162E983.jpeg

7359FB7B-3F2B-4BF2-9EA3-8202CFBD1EF9.jpeg

6023C1B0-9647-4846-AB70-5EA32BA270CE.jpeg

8F462BB5-334D-44F8-A7A4-AE0D702FD1A2.jpeg

Edited by Tokalo
Less waffle
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

WGC, just up the road from you.

Stupid is as stupid does...:facepalm:

I've had two - very good basses even though they have no tone knob - becomes intuitive really quickly. 

Tempted - even though I probably won't use it.

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

SB-2's are the stealth bass for sure, gig monsters!  They are awesome.   

The two volumes layout is deceptively flexible.  Love mine, butempty pockets after some purchases dictate i cannot buy, what  a colour!

GLWTS

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Tokalo changed the title to Reduced G&L Tribute SB-2 Surf Green - now £350
9 hours ago, King Tut said:

So what’s the deal with no tone knob?

Two volumes for two pickups. MFD pickups change tone in the final couple of steps of the volume knob, so this set up gives more variety than you might first suppose. Eg adding a bit of bridge with the neck on 8 will sound very different to doing the same with the neck on 10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While I'm here.... I've an SB-1, which is like this without the bridge pickup. I recently tried Chromes on it. They sounded fantastic, just masses of strong rounded tone. If I had had the SB-2's option of adding a bit of the bridge pickup occasionally, they would still be on and never coming off.

• Tokalo changed the title to Reduced G&L Tribute SB-2 Surf Green - now £340
On 09/02/2023 at 17:06, TheGreek said:

£350 is a very fair price but it probably won't sell here for that. 

BCers have become used to the lowest prices in the land and are looking for those ne'er seen anywhere else bargains. 

Stick it on gumtree and Reverb.

It’s for sale elsewhere, and - as you say - it’s the right price, especially considering it’s significantly better than the MIM Standard/Player Series basses I’ve played: smoother neck; faultless finish; better hardware and much classier pickups.

Edited by Tokalo
  • Like 1

• Tokalo changed the title to Reduced G&L Tribute SB-2 Surf Green - now £325
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Tokalo changed the title to Reduced Beautiful G&L Tribute SB-2 Surf Green - now £320

This has been here on sale for well over a month now...what's the matter with you people?? 

If you don't already own a G&L then you should have already bought this one....😎😎 There are none so blind as those who will not see....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Tokalo changed the title to Reduced G&L Tribute SB-2 now £320: Final Bump before it goes to shop
  • Tokalo changed the title to Withdrawn G&L Tribute SB-2 now £320: Final Bump before it goes to shop