Why become a member? ×

New Band Day!

Lozz196

2 minutes ago, Maude said:

So you've got all the gear... 

But... oh what's that saying again? 😁

I'm sure you must be better than you're letting on just to have got the gig. 

Have you gigged on guitar before or is this a first? 

Yeah I’ve gigged on lead guitar before, ironically some 25 years ago doing punk covers with the singer/guitarist of this new band. But I’ve still got to learn many of the solos and some of the songs themselves hence me saying still gotta learn how to play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Yeah I’ve gigged on lead guitar before, ironically some 25 years ago doing punk covers with the singer/guitarist of this new band. But I’ve still got to learn many of the solos and some of the songs themselves hence me saying still gotta learn how to play.

Lucky it’s not a Rush tribute band. 😀

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

So an update to this, sadly due to my back getting worse I’ve had to leave the band, the day after our last gig I could barely move. 

Am gutted, this band was a bucketload of fun, with guys I’ve known for years, I hate letting people down but my osteopath has advised it’s the best move.

I’ve no idea if it will get better over a period of treatment but just couldn’t be in that kind of pain all the time so had to make this decision.

• Sad 10

21 hours ago, chaunceydelgado said:

Hey folks, considering my fondness for black/black/maple Fender guitars, I recently acquired a Fender Tele Deluxe with twin humbuckers in that color scheme for an upcoming gig. Even though I personally prefer the sound of my Epiphone SG, I recognize that I tend to play Fender guitars better, so it makes sense to use one for this gig. Plus, the color scheme matches my preferred aesthetic as well.

Pictures are essential here 😁

On 12/04/2023 at 19:33, Lozz196 said:

So an update to this, sadly due to my back getting worse I’ve had to leave the band, the day after our last gig I could barely move. 

Am gutted, this band was a bucketload of fun, with guys I’ve known for years, I hate letting people down but my osteopath has advised it’s the best move.

I’ve no idea if it will get better over a period of treatment but just couldn’t be in that kind of pain all the time so had to make this decision.

Hey Lozz, could the Mbrace Stage Guitar Stand be an answer?

https://www.imuso.co.uk/itm/mbrace-stage-guitar-stand

6 hours ago, chris_b said:

Hey Lozz, could the Mbrace Stage Guitar Stand be an answer?

https://www.imuso.co.uk/itm/mbrace-stage-guitar-stand

Thanks Chris but sadly it’s the whole package of gigging, not just the playing. If anything the playing is the part I find the easiest, it’s the carrying the gear (no matter how lightweight) the setting it up with plugging in leads, bending over amps/cabs connecting them up, routing cables for pedalboards along the floor etc. 

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

Thanks Chris but sadly it’s the whole package of gigging, not just the playing. If anything the playing is the part I find the easiest, it’s the carrying the gear (no matter how lightweight) the setting it up with plugging in leads, bending over amps/cabs connecting them up, routing cables for pedalboards along the floor etc. 

This is bad news indeed fella. I can’t imagine this forum without your current experience and insight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, King Tut said:

This is bad news indeed fella. I can’t imagine this forum without your current experience and insight.

57 minutes ago, naxos10 said:

+1 to that.

Sorry to see your back giving you so much jip Lozz.

Thanks chaps, much appreciated. Luckily I can still rehearse easy enough as all the gear is in the rehearsal studio, just a case of turning up & plugging in so not stopping playing, can still keep my hand in that way so to speak.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1