Why become a member? ×

NYE gigs! Who's playing and where?

cetera

2 hours ago, Marky L said:

Good luck to everyone out there tonight and be ready for the drunken goof who wants to spill booze all over your pedal board while trying to join you on stage.. 

You know your having a good time if a shoe sails past your head or if someone falls backwards onto your monitor.😀

Blue

• Haha 1

For the last decade or so, I normally do a solo acoustic gig on NYE, but this year I’ve elected to take a break. It’s my daughters 11th birthday and this year she literally begged me to stay at home with her. Apart from the covid years, when I was desperately ill anyway, she’s never had me home. So this is the year :) Tbh, Im enjoying it too :) 

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 2

All went pretty smoothly, nice and lively, timed midnight ok and we did our new to us arrangement of Auld Land Syne- pipe band style into punk and back, well received. Even better for me the new line up of the band includes two guys who are tour managers. This meant they had stacked all the cases and gig detritus in the order it was going to be packed, planned the exit strategy and we were loaded ready to go in twenty minutes, not bad for an 8 piece band with no crew. I hope everyone else’s went well and 2023 has packed gigging diary for you all with many adventures ahead.

• Like 2

On 23/12/2022 at 19:26, Bluewine said:

We're playing The Barley Pop in Germantown, 3:00-6:00. This is our 3rd year playing this gig.

Our band leader and husband are hosting an after party at their home.

A long night for an "Old Timer" like me.

Merry Christmas guys. Play, have fun and get home safely on New Years Eve.

Blue

.facebook_1671842889560_7012217319062222396.jpg

Like I said NYE gigs should be a

" slam dunk " proposition.

The room was packed and the dance floor filled.

Highlights, the band sounded good,

3:00-6:00 I was home before 8:00. And everybody in the band got an extra 100 bucks in tips.

Blue

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1