Why become a member? ×

Is this Money Money Money or is it Money For Nothing?

Happy Jack

Oooops!

Reminds me of a gig my band did where the night before the gig (which was a Xmas party for checkout ladies from Asda and Tesco) our female singer advised us she had flu and couldn't perform.

The guitarist said he could do the singing himself, so me and the drummer said we were ok to do the gig, with him as the frontman.

Unfortunately the only songs he knew were Clash and Iggy pop stuff, along with some Johnny Cash numbers done in a punk like style.

It did not go down well with the checkout ladies, and they asked for their money back from the agency that had booked us.

The guitarist managed to plead our case with the agency (he said if we'd have cancelled they wouldn't have had time to book another band - so we'd done them a favour) and we got our money.

Yep, we've got in with the horsey set and they are out biggest customers. They absolutely sheet money, and are happy to pay - last gig I TWOC'd Mrs D's polestar and it was the cheapest car in the car park by about 90 grand, surrounded as it was by Overfinch Range Rooney's, Aston DBX's and Bentaygas. 

Luckily, as yet none of them have asked us to do any ABBA...

We played a venue and afterwards, as we were being paid, the entertainment sec told us about the band that had payed a couple of weeks before. "All they did were ABBA songs," he said. "The members hated it and we had to stop them halfway through the night." 

We were trying to leave but politely showed interest. "What were they called?"

"Abbamania". 😂

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1