Why become a member? ×

Boss TU2 or Korg DTR 100/ 200

supabock

Hi all,
I'm looking for a tuner which has a mute facility to tune in live situations so I am comparing something like the Boss TU2 and Korg DTR 100 or 200 rack versions. I've not really been a great fan of foot pedals but the TU2 appears to be a favourite amongst many players, but I also have available rack space for a tuner. I use both 5 string fretted and fretless Wal bases so I am assuming both tuners will be suitable. Anyone experience any issues with signal loss using either of these tuners when they are not in tuning mode, or noise or generally anything I should be aware of before I start getting the cash out??

[quote name='Skybone' post='470493' date='Apr 23 2009, 11:15 AM']Korg DT10 or Korg Pitchblack pedals? Both are chromatic pedal type tuners, and have a good range of functions for other alternate tunings.

The DT10's built like the proverbial brick outhouse too. :)[/quote]

Thanks for that!! Ive also found some other threads which are pretty interesting about the comparisons of signal loss etc.

[quote name='johnnylager' post='470792' date='Apr 23 2009, 02:42 PM']I have a TU-2 and I've just moved it to the end of my chain as it really messed with me EHX BassBalls when it was in front of it.[/quote]
Thanks, and I've just been playing catch up on your previous feeds on this, and as i will only be using a tuner at this stage and no other effects, just straight into my EBS rig I think i should be fine. I was more worried about if there was a direct preference at the end of the day as to which tuner would be best, or is it a personal thing?

[quote name='iamapirate' post='475334' date='Apr 29 2009, 06:25 PM']The TU2 is great except when you have it on bypass, you'd expect that pressing it would mute the signal, right? wrong. That's why you would also need a mute pedal for you to use it live in bypass mode.[/quote]

You do know you can just plug into the other socket right? Either way they are both buffered, one mutes and one doesn't.

yeah, yeah I know that lol. But the problem is that if you have it on bypass mode, then there is no way of muting it from the pedal. Which IMO is stuuuuuuupid. I want to see if I'm out of tune whilest playing, and then be able to silently tune up inbetween somgs... do I made my own seperate mute (or 'moot' as I call it) pedal

[quote name='iamapirate' post='476197' date='Apr 30 2009, 05:16 PM']yeah, yeah I know that lol. But the problem is that if you have it on bypass mode, then there is no way of muting it from the pedal. Which IMO is stuuuuuuupid. I want to see if I'm out of tune whilest playing, and then be able to silently tune up inbetween somgs... do I made my own seperate mute (or 'moot' as I call it) pedal[/quote]

Hear if you are out of tune whilst playing, see to get it right again quickly. My current problem is it only mutes one pickup from my dual outputs.