Why become a member? ×

Status bass incoming...

joe_geezer

12 hours ago, NickA said:

Well that one fell in the right hands!

Wish I had technique like that.  Embarrassed to own nice basses now.

Haha thank you, I feel the same way when i see other bassists... i just remember that i own these expensive instruments for my own reasons...

when i was a full time musician many years ago my only bass was a second hand yamaha trb that cost £200 on ebay... now I am working in a 'proper' job i own a few expensive instruments that hardly get played.

Edited by joe_geezer

43 minutes ago, joe_geezer said:

Just checked out the Status website, are they back to -  business as usual? Can't see any notices that regular orders are on hold?

Looks like the latest news item alludes to the 40th anniversary bass that was somewhat suggested (albeit cryptically) in Rob’s original retirement message.

I wonder whether they’re purely in a holding pattern to put those out as a limited run, and then who knows. 

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sibob said:

Looks like the latest news item alludes to the 40th anniversary bass that was somewhat suggested (albeit cryptically) in Rob’s original retirement message.

I wonder whether they’re purely in a holding pattern to put those out as a limited run, and then who knows. 

Si

Maybe the trick is the 40th anniversary is a limited edition limited to 40000 units!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Chris2112 said:

It would be a dream if they were. 

I haven't had any replies from Rob when enquiring about ordering a new S2 Classic bass... that could be a good sign, maybe they will make an announcement in the future... but could be he's just tired of replying to new build requests haha

Edited by joe_geezer
  • Like 1

On 08/03/2023 at 23:56, joe_geezer said:

Another bass sample, this time with some slap and finger style bass playing... 

Controls are

Bass: 60%

Treble: 50%

Pan: Middle for slap, back pickup for finger style

fantastic technique ...but sounds more like soloing over somebody trying to tune up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/03/2023 at 10:49, joe_geezer said:

If Status ever opened up their shop again, this is what i would order -

838919452_Screenshot2023-03-10at10_35_27.thumb.png.c44c2dfe4bd88a3a517cd9291ba1d445.png

Ah! "Miss Myrtle" as it's known. Used to be mine for a couple of years. I bought it from @Luc on here.......and then sold it ot @Luc on here! 🤣 It's one on my "wish I'd never sold it" list. 😢 Link

P8250071.thumb.JPG.568fd27b576bec72cfa336f15b4954be.JPG

Edited by Acebassmusic
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Acebassmusic said:

Ah! "Miss Myrtle" as it's known. Used to be mine for a couple of years. I bought it from @Luc on here.......and then sold it ot @Luc on here! 🤣 It's one on my "wish I'd never sold it" list. 😢 Link

P8250071.thumb.JPG.568fd27b576bec72cfa336f15b4954be.JPG

Wow, such a great build. Did you commission and select the woods? What was the reason for selling the bass if you don't mind me asking?

36 minutes ago, joe_geezer said:

Wow, such a great build. Did you commission and select the woods? What was the reason for selling the bass if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not sure who first commissioned the bass (maybe @Luc?) Why did I sell it? I claim it was temporary insanity 🤣 At the time I was lucky enough to have about 11 high end basses of which my Smith and Wal were getting most of the playtime and I felt I should be sensible and thin the herd a bit. I've had another S2 since and keep looking at adverts for others........you know how it goes. 😁

• Haha 1