Why become a member? ×

Upgrade Advice: Epi Thunderbird Vintage Pro

Sagawa

2 hours ago, Sagawa said:

Not 100% sure I'm going to replace them... only had the bass a few days and not had a practice at full volume... they might be amazing. 

But just in case ...

You've only had the bass a few days, you haven't even had a full volume go with it and you're asking about replacing the pickups? Give them a chance to impress you before you decide they're somehow lacking!

I've been where you are - it's an expensive business and leads to more sideways moves than actual upgrades. At least give it a few weeks and a fair go before even thinking about such things...

• Like 10

Those pickups in the T-Bird Pro are widely regarded as some of the best pickups in a bass, full stop. All YouTube videos I see of this bass back that up - it sounds phenomenal and if it's anything like my old T-Bird, volume is not something that will be lacking.

What you see as an 'upgrade' to them, would be better served calling a 'modification' ;)

• Like 1

Are these the same pickups as in the Embassy bass? 

I assumed the Vintage Pro Thunderbird and the Embassy had the same pickups, bridge and tailpiece. 

If so then I'm more than happy with the Embassy pickups. Great sounding bass. 

• Like 1