Why become a member? ×

Cheap 15 string bass anyone?

xgsjx

On 21/09/2022 at 19:50, Owen said:

I am married to a harpist so am fully licensed to use and adapt harp jokes. 

You would spend 95% of your time tuning and 5% of your time playing out of tune. 

Garrison Keeler's "Guide to the Orchestra": The harp player spends 45 minutes tuning up and then someone opens a door and they have to start again.

Edited to add: And the double bassist always looks worried - because he's always wondering how the hell am I going to get this thing home.

Edited by Count Bassy

On 21/09/2022 at 10:55, Bunion said:

That is just the guy to play it. I don't know which makes me cringe more, that bass, or this you tube guy. I watched a few of his videos once and it gave me this strange, really just awful feeling, like the come down from doing a quarter ounce of cocaine plus how you would feel the next day after getting drunk and accidentally having sex with your sister. Sorry for that, it's just that the dude makes me cringe in a way I don't know how to explain.  I can't be the only one, right? God I hope not, because then everyone is gonna think I'm the weird one for saying that. All I can say is it takes some really creepy images to describe such a weird and obnoxious dude, but I'm really sorry if I grossed anyone out, I just had to get that off my chest.

Edited by Bi Amp Bass Player
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bi Amp Bass Player said:

Like the come down from doing a quarter ounce of cocaine plus how you would feel the next day after getting drunk and accidentally having sex with your sister. 

I can’t say I’ve ever felt that bad, but that is a top quote, and should be pinned somewhere.  Or carved in to a stone tablet and visited by tourists.

5 hours ago, Bi Amp Bass Player said:

That is just the guy to play it. I don't know which makes me cringe more, that bass, or this you tube guy. I watched a few of his videos once and it gave me this strange, really just awful feeling, like the come down from doing a quarter ounce of cocaine plus how you would feel the next day after getting drunk and accidentally having sex with your sister. Sorry for that, it's just that the dude makes me cringe in a way I don't know how to explain.  I can't be the only one, right? God I hope not, because then everyone is gonna think I'm the weird one for saying that. All I can say is it takes some really creepy images to describe such a weird and obnoxious dude, but I'm really sorry if I grossed anyone out, I just had to get that off my chest.

Ah good old Davie

Phenomenal player, but yeah. I'm not sure I would have phrased it exactly the same way, but I can't stand to watch him either. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom