Why become a member? ×

Gigs this weekend?

FinnDave

How likely is it that gigs booked for this weekend will go ahead in the light of recent events? We are booked to play at a beer festival at a rugby club in a town whose name starts with 'Royal', so am expecting it to be postponed as mark of respect, but have yet to receive confirmation of this.

Anyone else playing this weekend?

Am not playing but went to see The Drifters last night. They started off with an announcement that the venue had received approval for the event to go ahead. Given it started at 7:30, an hour after the announcement of the passing of The Queen I`m not certain if it would have been the right thing to cancel, but do wonder how many will be cancelling/rescheduling. for both this and next weekend.

Greene King have cancelled ALL entertainment tbis weekend, so that's tomorrow night's gig gone. On the other hand, tomorrow afternoon and Sunday afternoon are both still on, which I'm very happy about.

I'm a lifelong Royalist and I'm terribly sorry that she's gone, but I don't see that it's disrespectful for life to carry on, and quite frankly I doubt she would give a toss that I'm gigging tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 3

On 09/09/2022 at 21:48, Happy Jack said:

Greene King have cancelled ALL entertainment tbis weekend, so that's tomorrow night's gig gone. On the other hand, tomorrow afternoon and Sunday afternoon are both still on, which I'm very happy about.

I'm a lifelong Royalist and I'm terribly sorry that she's gone, but I don't see that it's disrespectful for life to carry on, and quite frankly I doubt she would give a toss that I'm gigging tomorrow afternoon.

If anything, given her sense of duty and to carry on regardless, I think she would have preferred events to go ahead as planned.

• Like 1