Why become a member? ×

Worst bass solos......?

Beedster

1 hour ago, Ralf1e said:

My gast is seriously flabbered. I hope I never get spiked with whatever he may have been on.

Now I know why I don't want to learn slap bass

Don't let that fkin woeful 'solo' be a reason to hate slap bass. I can't remember ever seeing such a s****y attempt. The 'slap' part is everything it shouldn't be, a wild, random, uncontrolled right hand and poor fretting with the left. His finger technique isn't any better either

3 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Don't let that fkin woeful 'solo' be a reason to hate slap bass. I can't remember ever seeing such a s****y attempt. The 'slap' part is everything it shouldn't be, a wild, random, uncontrolled right hand and poor fretting with the left. His finger technique isn't any better either

Thank you for the encouragement. I don't hate slap bass. I just feel I am too far down the food chain at 69 years young to learn it when there are plenty of other skills I need to still refine. I only retired this year and at last have the time to get in as much of a life's worth of practice as I can. I've always been too busy keeping the bloody wolf from the door to play as much as I should have 🤣

On 13/08/2022 at 14:40, TheLowDown said:

Scott Devine did a video on "good solos" where many were really bad! (some were tasteful)

I can't believe someone as talented as Scott would genuinely believe trying to fit in 50 notes every second makes anything other than showmanship, as opposed to music. 

His premise for the video seems to be more on stretching technique to the limits, like extreme finger raking, than on making music.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, some super cool soloing, inspirational stuff.

• Like 1