Why become a member? ×

P Bass Conspiracy Theories

Rib13Bass

LOL just a few things made me laugh, when talking about the 57-62 era he used the image of a 62 model onwards and at the inclusion of the Labour Party logo on the conspiracies part 🤣. Since when do political parties have anything to do with 'stories related to bass guitars'.

• Like 1

I've had another listen and 1- 4 certainly have a pickup in the P(ish) position, but I think 5 is more toward the 'Ray position. 1 might be a Mustang as it has so much low end and 3 might be a neck position J bass, 5 a 'Ray type and 2 & 4 being Ps. I'm quite happy to be miles out and for them all to be P basses with different pickups. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbottomend said:

LOL just a few things made me laugh, when talking about the 57-62 era he used the image of a 62 model onwards and at the inclusion of the Labour Party logo on the conspiracies part 🤣. Since when do political parties have anything to do with 'stories related to bass guitars'.

They don't.......its supposed to be out of context humorous in relation to the video title. A background of fruits and veggies wouldve been less sense lol...also 58 Ps have the split pu and contour, no? That's all I was addressing - just the basic aesthetic. Anodized guards and all would just be too much to mention to keep the video flow going. Thanks for watching

Edited by Rib13Bass
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed the video and many of the things you brought up are correct, in terms of them being a myth.

The 'P bass uber alles' thing gives me a dose of the ***ts, along with the 'Leo is God' thing.

I own a ton of basses, and not one of them is a P, and I have never, ever been denied a job because I didn't have one or use one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

So... whats the answer?

As the video stated, when I get to 500 subscribers, I'll start making an answer key video and will post shortly afterward......I will say this much: All the examples got votes - some more than others

Edited by Rib13Bass
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rib13Bass said:

As the video stated, when I get to 500 subscribers, I'll start making an answer key video and will post shortly afterward......I will say this much: All the examples got votes - some more than others

Come on, only 18 more to go!

scratch that, 17 ;)

• Like 1

Nice video. It has helped with my P Bass GAS!

I'm mostly into Reggae and Funk and occasional low-tuned Doom/Stoner stuff so always go for 5 string J (type) Basses but I've felt for some time that I should own a P Bass at some point to see if the hype is deserved (I've tried them in shops and been un-impressed, perhaps I need longer with them though). So many people say the P has an intangable quality of being an inspiring, fun to play, go-to bass that makes you play in a certain laid back way that I'm going to have to find out for myself.........I expect going from a 5 string multiscale headless active Ibanez to a P Bass is going to be a pretty big jump!

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, mcnach said:

Come on guys, 15 more subscribers and we'll find out!!! 😄

Im in the middle of shooting another review video (the editing takes time and I work a dayjob - I dont do YouTube for a living lol)....when this one is complete, Ill start the answer video even if there isnt 500

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WillyPete said:

Well it's 502 now.  

I'm guessing it's all 5, and he simply messed with tone and where he hit the string to prove that there is no one P-bass tone.  

There is no spoon!

Whether you take the J pill or the P pill, you cannot escape the Patrix.

MM pills are also available, either chocolate or peanut. ;) 

6 hours ago, WillyPete said:

Well it's 502 now.  

I'm guessing it's all 5, and he simply messed with tone and where he hit the string to prove that there is no one P-bass tone.  

There is no spoon!

Lol.....I'm still finishing my current video and will post the answer video in a few weeks.....I apologize for the inconvenience: I no longer play music for a living after 30 years but I am a full time RN.....I squeeze making videos into a very busy life. A Big thank you to everyone that subscribed....I hadn't expected to get to 500 so soon and i am deeply grateful 😀

Edited by Rib13Bass
  • Like 4

I am working on the Answer Key video now....I will try my hardest to have it up by this weekend

A BIG thank you to all those that subscribed...I am really touched by all this...These videos are very time-consuming but the responses here and other places where Ive posted this (not to mention with my Real Life friends and players) makes it all worthwhile

Edited by Rib13Bass
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rib13Bass said:

But I haven't posted the answers yet? Lol........btw, the answers should be up Saturday.....the p bass challenge has been posted in multiple places and im trying to get as much input as possible......

I saw the one you added on reddit.  It had the 5 basses on it.