Why become a member? ×

Is that a Turkey?

No, i know its not a turkey. its a Kestrel. But is the bass genuine, looks ok to me. idiot.
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-FRETLESS-BASS-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ130297994839QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item130297994839&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-FENDER-PRECI...%3A1|240%3A1318[/url]

Edited by beerdragon

Neck looks a tad narrow for a P bass ...
and the gap between the A and D strings looks wider that the other two ..
Knobs are wrong, of course, I'd like to see it with the covers off.

At best I'd say thats a CIJ or MIJ 57 RI but it could be a Jim Deacon or Noname or SX with a transfer and modded headstock.

Knows nothing about the Les Paul he's selling either but at least he's got a picture of the Made IN Japan neck plate on that one.

PS That's a Wren isnt it?

Edited by OldGit

It's bloody Rodan, assuming Rodan was a bird.

Cheapish looking 70s JapCrap which has had the frets clumsily ripped out.

Ply - or at least veneered body - look at the big black oversprays on the arm & gut contours. And the one that should all have you kicking yourselves - it's got a Gibson-type nut, stuck on the end of the fingerboard, very common on 70s copies particularly the lower end ones. That huge gap between the strings is a dead giveaway that there's a 2-saddle bridge under the cover, another JapCrap bargain bin trait. The tuners also look a bit suss to me - too small.

The "Les Paul" is - or was - a nice early 70s Matsumoku copy, probably would have been a Shaftesbury, Jedson or Arbiter before some mouthbreathing oxygen thief decided that shonky stickers & cheapo new parts were an [i]improvement[/i].

J.

I asked him for a serial number "can't find one" so I explained that it was certainly a fake then ...
We'll see if he adds anything to the auction.

So it's quite obviously a "P???? Cock!"

Edit.. He has added

"ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE ASKING IF IT HAS A SERIAL NUMBER--ITS PLATE AT THE BACK IS BLANK; PEOLPE ARE SAYING THAT MOST TRUE FENDERS WOULD HAVE A SERIAL NUMBER ON THEM. "

Fair play .. I guess the £100 it's got up to is just £50 more than it's worth then ...

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='458169' date='Apr 9 2009, 10:33 AM']Fair play .. I guess the £100 it's got up to is just £50 more than it's worth then ...[/quote]

Now standing @ £155 so that'll be £105 more than it's worth... I hope the buyer isn't too disappointed. :)

[quote name='beerdragon' post='458768' date='Apr 9 2009, 08:03 PM']That went for £160. Bidder No6 was a weird one joined today and bid six times but didn't want that badly.[/quote]

Well he's got no excuse for thinking it's a real one...

What was the plastic button thing for?

[quote name='beerdragon' post='458768' date='Apr 9 2009, 08:03 PM']That went for £160. Bidder No6 was a weird one joined today and bid six times but didn't want that badly.[/quote]
Must remember that next time I try & flog a crappy old car-boot P copy: bullsh!t, "ignorance" and a bit of last-minute shill bidding - gets 'em every time! :)

J.