Why become a member? ×

New from Squier...just a small sample.

jd56hawk

10 hours ago, shoulderpet said:

Which makes the £469 Squier price even worse because for just shy of a hundred more you can get an Mim Fender

They're next for the price increases no doubt, buying old stock now is probably wise if anyone wants one.

Edited by Machines
  • Like 1

As for MIM Fenders and Sires, I still haven't found a Sire I liked enough to spend money on.

(I've yet to play any of the $800 to $1,000 ones, though.)

And the MIM Fenders?

Would that be the $850 Ho-Hum series?

PhotoCollage_1643262138082.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jd56hawk said:

As for MIM Fenders and Sires, I still haven't found a Sire I liked enough to spend money on.

And the MIM Fenders?

They are a bit ho hum. My player was well made but just felt a bit weak. This could be a passive jazz thing for me. If you can snag a used performer, they're US made with yosemite pickups(hotter than the v mod I believe). There's one on gumtree for 900 quid which is decent. I can't justify 1500 on an am pro ii to play in my kitchen :)

• Like 2

I'd sooner have an Indonesian Squier than a cooking MIM.  The better MIMs, the various vintage ranges and signature models, are often very nice bits of kit but then the prices of those have risen well beyond Squier territory at that point.

But certainly the top drawer Squiers are nibbling at the soft underbelly of the much negleted ho-hum Fender everyday value range, and they've definitely drawn blood.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, horrorshowbass said:

They are a bit ho hum. My player was well made but just felt a bit weak. This could be a passive jazz thing for me. If you can snag a used performer, they're US made with yosemite pickups(hotter than the v mod I believe). There's one on gumtree for 900 quid which is decent. I can't justify 1500 on an am pro ii to play in my kitchen :)

I actually like the way this one looks...Fender apparently will sell you a nice bass for more money, but I'm still not sure about active Fenders and whichever generation noiseless J pickup they're using these day...and I don't want a 5-string bass.

th.jpeg-256.jpg

29 minutes ago, jd56hawk said:

I actually like the way this one looks...Fender apparently will sell you a nice bass for more money, but I'm still not sure about active Fenders and whichever generation noiseless J pickup they're using these day...and I don't want a 5-string bass.

th.jpeg-256.jpg

Wish they did a 4 jazz in this colour. Beautiful. Also wish they didn't charge nearly a grand for these.......

• Like 1

The 5 string Jazz comes in the best colours! There’s a really nice blue as well. 

1 hour ago, horrorshowbass said:

Wish they did a 4 jazz in this colour. Beautiful. Also wish they didn't charge nearly a grand for these.......

GAK have the Sunburst 4 string in their January sale for £799! About as low as I’ve seen one. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jd56hawk said:

And the MIM Fenders?

My experience is that the pricier MIM Fender basses are much, much, much better basses than the player series basses which imo feel a bit cheap

• Like 1

12 hours ago, horrorshowbass said:

Pricier as in player plus or the deluxe active range?

I'm not very familiar with the deluxe range but the player plus is definitely much better than the player series and although i have only played a couple of basses from the Vintera series the Vintera series seems to be excellent as well, when I get a jazz bass to go with my p and p/j basses it will be a Vintera for sure.

12 hours ago, shoulderpet said:

I'm not very familiar with the deluxe range but the player plus is definitely much better than the player series and although i have only played a couple of basses from the Vintera series the Vintera series seems to be excellent as well, when I get a jazz bass to go with my p and p/j basses it will be a Vintera for sure.

Thanks

That big green 5 string jazz is indeed lovely. All it needs is a TMNT sticker.🐢

On 27/01/2022 at 09:31, Machines said:

However this 2TS Jazz looks like pure crap. It looks likes someone's first attempt at sunburst in a garage with a spray can from Halfords: https://www.andertons.co.uk/brands/squier/squier-40th-anniversary-jazz-bass-vintage-edition-satin-wide-2-colour-sunburst

Getting 70s Columbus vibes from that, I wonder how many pieces of wood that £450 bass is made from?

%F0%9F%87%AF%F0%9F%87%B5%F0%9F%87%AF%F0%