Why become a member? ×

Are you a 4 or a 5 string player?

GreeneKing

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='457637' date='Apr 8 2009, 05:38 PM']That is interesting. I was wondering if the 5ers would outnumber the 4ers.

Give it a couple of years and maybe they will.[/quote]
I think anything,given time,as its of a greater ..more...versatile use,will eventually become a standard.

I see a lot of kids very quickly progressing onto 5s..even thinking of going to a 6 asap in my genre.

I,ve used Ibanez 5 strings for years but as I,m currently weilding my sixes full of shukery goodness I don,t see my self going back to fives.
I do own a ric 4003 but it mostly lives in its case( bought it cos I always wanted one), it comes out occasionally to play along to 'red barchetta'. :-)

[quote name='The Funk' post='457212' date='Apr 8 2009, 11:35 AM']I would have thought 4s for the most part - but then I don't know much about Ceilidh. Might check out one of the jams in town and skulk at the back.[/quote]

Ha ha Ceilidh jams? Sounds interesting or do you mean a "session"?

You may be right though as Tauzero uses a Thumb and a WAV EUB, both 4's for his Ceilidh gig and I use a 5 string P and a 4 string EUB ...

I used to play 4 string until around 8 years ago when bought a 6 string & have never looked back, the bands & projects that i play in are quite diverse, one night i might be doing a funk gig, the next night a rock gig or even death metal, so having a 6 to hand i dont have to worry about odd tunings or having to improvise a solo.