Why become a member? ×

Spector 4 - Neck-Thru, Solid Flame Maple, EMGs.

warwickhunt

Options are opening up for me with regards to getting a bass so this is up for sale @ [s]£575.[/s] £550

Obviously I'd not refuse the option to trade against a lightweight or downsized Jazz or Precision (Sadowsky etc.)[s][/s] Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='456483' date='Apr 7 2009, 03:10 PM']I can't leave this hanging for weeks so if I have no joy on BC in a short while, I'll stick this on eBay and I'll split any profit made with Josh.[/quote]

You might want to put a price then mate.... :)

[quote name='cetera' post='456577' date='Apr 7 2009, 05:01 PM']Blimey, that's a bargain!! :D

Don't [i]need[/i] another at the mo.... and I'm buying a house, so that's me out.... but someone will score a great bass here! :rolleyes:[/quote]

TBH I'd likely as not get more on eBay that's why I'm not going to mess about leaving it stewing for weeks. Of course the down side of putting a sale figure like that on the bass is that 'IF' someone has a Sadowsky or Lakland DJ then they are automatically going to assume that their bass is worth significantly more rather than looking at relative values and how much something cost new i.e. a replacement Spector Euro will set you back the thick end of £1500 which is in line with a Sadowsky Metro and a lot more than a Lakland DJ. :)

I should add that I have no aversion to posting/courier, I was simply quoting the lowest price if you were to collect as is.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='456483' date='Apr 7 2009, 03:10 PM']I can't leave this hanging for weeks so if I have no joy on BC in a short while, I'll stick this on eBay and I'll split any profit made with Josh.[/quote]

Great to see that the spirit of Basschat ain't dead.

Warwickhunt,I hate you right now,you post this for sale,just after I have some builders round to qoute me on some work-damn you!!!!

Awesome bass,and IF I hadn't had the builders around and didn't have the wife breathing down my neck,I would now be owning it,but alas :)

Very best of luck with the sale,it shouldn't take long :rolleyes:

[quote name='Lorne' post='456726' date='Apr 7 2009, 07:37 PM']Warwickhunt,I hate you right now,you post this for sale,just after I have some builders round to qoute me on some work-damn you!!!!

Awesome bass,and IF I hadn't had the builders around and didn't have the wife breathing down my neck,I would now be owning it,but alas :)

Very best of luck with the sale,it shouldn't take long :rolleyes:[/quote]

Oooops! :D

I've stated that there are two interested parties and at the risk of upsetting them (I hope they'll understand), I've enough years under my belt to be upfront and say that it doesn't pay to sit back and wait to see if the deal works out with them! If you are interested PM me and if nothing is concluded promptly then I'd need to move on to the next interested person.

I hope that sounds fair and doesn't come across as me wanting to elicit responses that will spoil their chances but all to often things come up and genuine people who have all the best intentions can't conclude deals.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='456736' date='Apr 7 2009, 07:42 PM']Oooops! :rolleyes:

I've stated that there are two interested parties and at the risk of upsetting them (I hope they'll understand), I've enough years under my belt to be upfront and say that it doesn't pay to sit back and wait to see if the deal works out with them! If you are interested PM me and if nothing is concluded promptly then I'd need to move on to the next interested person.

I hope that sounds fair and doesn't come across as me wanting to elicit responses that will spoil their chances but all to often things come up and genuine people who have all the best intentions can't conclude deals.[/quote]

Nah Bro,we won't be upsetting them,I HAVE to get the work done,I have 32 tons of earth that need a new home and a wife who's ready to use a carving knife on me if I buy a bass before having these walls built

I just wish I could though :)

Had a chance to play this bass today when I was sorting the deal out on my Jazz with Warwickhunt.
I gigged a USA NS2 for alot of years as my main bass. I have to say that this bass is as close as I have heard to a good USA one.
It is well set up with little to no frett wear. Nice sustain and a great example of a Czech Spector.
Anyone who fancys it dont miss out on a great bargain.

Regards,Mark

[quote name='funkyhobbit' post='458918' date='Apr 9 2009, 11:20 PM']Had a chance to play this bass today when I was sorting the deal out on my Jazz with Warwickhunt.
I gigged a USA NS2 for alot of years as my main bass. I have to say that this bass is as close as I have heard to a good USA one.
It is well set up with little to no frett wear. Nice sustain and a great example of a Czech Spector.
Anyone who fancys it dont miss out on a great bargain.

Regards,Mark[/quote]

We must stop complimenting each other and our respective basses mate... people are gonna talk! :rolleyes:

Hopefully I'll have this stitched up by the end of the weekend so that I can put this one to rest. Now if I'm not going to be offered a Sadowsky or Lakland DJ in the next few days how do I go about taking a hacksaw to this Jazz... :)

I can't promise to hold this till the end of the month or until your bass sells etc. and that isn't a personal attack to those who have shown interest and subsequently had to back out :) as these things happen but the bass is available to the first person with funds... money talks etc.

I'm travelling down to York on Wednesday so I can arrange a meet etc if you are Northern or I can pack it up and have it shipped off Tuesday if you can clear payment before then. If this doesn't sell before then I'll either stick it on eBay or keep it till the economy recovers a bit by which time this model will probably have gone up in price again! :rolleyes:

There's always still the option of taking this bass and my cash and I'll have your Sadowsky or similar quality bass. ;)

Have a nice Bank Holiday weekend. :D

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='460469' date='Apr 12 2009, 11:43 AM']I can't promise to hold this till the end of the month or until your bass sells etc. and that isn't a personal attack to those who have shown interest and subsequently had to back out :) as these things happen but the bass is available to the first person with funds... money talks etc.

I'm travelling down to York on Wednesday so I can arrange a meet etc if you are Northern or I can pack it up and have it shipped off Tuesday if you can clear payment before then. If this doesn't sell before then I'll either stick it on eBay or keep it till the economy recovers a bit by which time this model will probably have gone up in price again! :D

There's always still the option of taking this bass and my cash and I'll have your Sadowsky or similar quality bass. :lol:

Have a nice Bank Holiday weekend. ;)[/quote]

Ahhhhh sadowsky's!!

you know your doing the right thing!

Have you decided which model your after? (NYC, Metro, UV, Modern etc)

:rolleyes:

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='460481' date='Apr 12 2009, 11:59 AM']Ahhhhh sadowsky's!!

you know your doing the right thing!

Have you decided which model your after? (NYC, Metro, UV, Modern etc)

:)[/quote]

No definite decision between Metro or USA it just depends what is available used (not buying new I'm afraid) but I do know that it won't be the UV as I'd rather have either the 'downsized' Jazz or even the P bass outlined Metro. Which ever I eventually get it'll have to be fairly lightweight. I'd have had JLY's Sado but the one colour I'd shy away from is blue... unless I could find one cheap enough that I could refinish it! :rolleyes:

In the interim I'm looking at using a Squier neck and EMGs (from a Vintage Vibe that I got from Mark) to add to a lighter-weight (possibly 'downsized') body, to see if I can get a giggable Jazz bass to use in the interim. I have to add that the Squier 'as is', is more than up to the job and is a cracking bass but if it's to get regular use I need to shave a pound of its weight! ;)

However, saying all of that if I don't find a Sado soon enough I'm likely to keep this Spector. :D

[quote name='Rowbee' post='460511' date='Apr 12 2009, 12:37 PM']The only thing that's really putting me off is the neck as I like prefer flat neck profiles and this looks quite round like a Warwick neck - is that the case? Any side on pics?[/quote]

I can take any pic' you'd like but if you mean a side on pic' of the neck I'm not sure that you'd capture the profile.

It's nice and sunny out so I'll see what I can do. :)

Hopefully these pics might help but I can add that the neck has a volute behind the potentially vulnerable neck/headstock point so that may give you an idea of the profile. I'm not sure how helpful it will be but I've included a shot of a Jazz neck next to the Spector (the Jazz is a profile most people know)!

and one more shot in all of it's glory (oh and my freshly mown lawn). :)

[quote name='Paul S' post='460626' date='Apr 12 2009, 04:03 PM']Nothing constructive to add re bass, which is rather nice, but your phormium in the background looks like it needs planting out. Got that limp look to it. :)[/quote]

Unfortunately the nature of the soil i.e. not too well drained with a lot of moisture and the orientation of the garden with available direct sunlight means that the phormium needs to stay in the pot... added to which it looks nice standing on the decking. However, I will go and give it a feed and some water. :rolleyes: