Why become a member? ×

Feedback for xilddx

aj5string

Traded a Warwick for a Fender with Nigel today - was great to deal with; very accommodating about me being awkward to tie down to meet up etc.

The bass is just as described - just what I was looking for!

Cheers again - glad your happy with the fortress, I'm def. chuffed with the Fender :-)

Speak soon...

• 3 weeks later...

Bought the Hartke Bass Attack VXL from Nigel. It's a brilliant and simple to use piece of kit. Got it safe, in good working order and the day after the payment formalities were done.. oh and it's been well looked after :)

Thanks Nigel for getting a newbie like me through the whole process with patience!

Pleasure's all mine, old chap.

Consider yourself a fully fledged member :rolleyes:

All the best,
Nigel

[quote name='chandybass' post='467922' date='Apr 20 2009, 11:01 PM']Bought the Hartke Bass Attack VXL from Nigel. It's a brilliant and simple to use piece of kit. Got it safe, in good working order and the day after the payment formalities were done.. oh and it's been well looked after :)

Thanks Nigel for getting a newbie like me through the whole process with patience![/quote]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Nigel is a top fella!

Met in a pub near Oxford St Tube, and gave over my old faithful bass, a MIJ 62 Reissue Precision.

Im glad that you like the bass Nigel, and thanks for the help and the coffee!

Im very happy to meet fellow bassists, and Nigel is one trustworthy guy! He even paid for the bass 1 week in advance!

Im sure we will have a few drinks and a bass update when I move down.

Cheers

Gareth

• 1 month later...

Just bought a Fender precision 62 RI 1996 MIJ from Nigel.

He was an absolute pleasure to deal with, wouldn't take a penny more for the postage than what he originally estimated (even though it cost more) and went as far as refunding the extra cash I tried to stick in his account!

He patiently answered all my questions - my first transaction on BC - and first decent bass (so I had some silly questions about strings etc).

He got it in the post sooner than expected, well wrapped, and delivered to me in record time. He even offered to try to meet me to hand it over when I was making a flying visit to London on Thursday but that turned out not to be practical at my end - but much appreciated.

She is a beautiful bass, in amazing condition and just as described.

Very happy - thanks a million Nigel. Enjoy that new Jazz of yours!

Cheers
Tim

Cor, thanks Tim, I'm so happy you love that bass, musicman20 will be pleased aswell as it was his first decent bass too when he bought it new. The Jazz is fantastic! As is the Steinberger double neck I got yesterday :)

Thanks again mate, I'll start a feedback thread for you now.

Cheers,
Nigel

Just concluded a deal with Nigel for my Wilkins, and apart from an enormous amount of hassle with the couriers cocking up what should have been a simple delivery on Saturday morning not once, but twice (thanks for nothing Parcel2Go.com!), it couldnt have been smoother. A very decent and honest guy to deal with, and I hope he and the Wilkins form a close bond!

Thanks again Nigel,

Cheers,

Bob

• 3 months later...

I too have had a fantastic transaction with Nigel.

The Wilkins is now in my possession and what a beauty! I am head over heals in love with it.

Nigel has been wonderfully patient with me while I accumulated the funds and extremely hospitable when I came to collect.

It couldn't have been a nicer experience, thanks a lot Nigel. A pleasure to meet you.

Tom
xxx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi - bought Washburn acoustic off sildxx this weekend - really chuffed with it, plus got a nice cup of tea and to play on some seriously nice Warwicks to boot!! What a great chap to deal with . . . :)

don't feel like such a newbie anymore now that I've actually met a fellow bass chatter . . . now keeping a look out for a nice Warwick though . . .

• 5 months later...

Just picked up Nigel's $$ and I'm smitten.

He's a lovely guy, knows his bass and obviously takes very good care of his equipment. An absolute gent, went as far as to give me directions and pick me up from the station in his car. A pleasure to deal with and really fun to hang out with. Really appreciated the beer and the chat mate, was going to be a very boring evening otherwise!

Nice cats too!

Am now noodling on the $$ in my hotel room and trying not to play it too loudly...

[quote name='Jam' post='1113055' date='Feb 2 2011, 09:42 PM']Just picked up Nigel's $$ and I'm smitten.

He's a lovely guy, knows his bass and obviously takes very good care of his equipment. An absolute gent, went as far as to give me directions and pick me up from the station in his car. A pleasure to deal with and really fun to hang out with. Really appreciated the beer and the chat mate, was going to be a very boring evening otherwise!

Nice cats too!

Am now noodling on the $$ in my hotel room and trying not to play it too loudly...[/quote]
Hey thanks mate :)

I'm so glad you love the 'vette! It's a fabulous bass. I hope you bond closely!

Lovely to meet you mate, let me know when you're in London next.

Cheers!
N

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='DaveB' post='1126522' date='Feb 13 2011, 10:42 PM']Thanks for pointing out the feedback section Nigel! Loving the fretless Warwick :-) Really nice bloke to deal with and thank you for being so accommodating[/quote]
It's a pleasure mate, really. I'm very glad it's gone to such a good home.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...