Why become a member? ×

Urgent advice needed

GreeneKing

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='451922' date='Apr 1 2009, 07:34 PM']This thread cracked me up!

Ask for advice and throw your toys out the pram when you don't get it quick enough!

Am I better off overpaying on my mortgage given we're on a tracker, or should I put the extra money available due to a low interest rate into an ISA?

Quick. The Meter's running you bastards![/quote]

I think you should buy coke, after all, the price is bound to go up in a reccession.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='451922' date='Apr 1 2009, 08:34 PM']This thread cracked me up!

Ask for advice and throw your toys out the pram when you don't get it quick enough!

Am I better off overpaying on my mortgage given we're on a tracker, or should I put the extra money available due to a low interest rate into an ISA?

An ISA? Don't be silly, use it to buy vintage Precisions.

As far as the GL is concerned, I just paid £350 for an immaculate 2500 Tribute and was very happy with that.

This makes me laugh. BBC impresses us all with his discerning insight that I was 'throwing my toys outta my pram' and annoyed at the tardiness of requested assistance. Maybe, just maybe I made a sarcastic comment in relation to an unhelpful and judgemental reply to my request for a bit of help. Then again maybe bbc knows me best?

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='451996' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:17 PM']Simple answer to a simple question, Peter...

Yes.

Most shops won't let these out of the door for less than about £500. I tried last summer at a place in Hull!

Rich.[/quote]

You went to Hull and lived? I lived for some years in Hull (a long time ago now), I'm trying to remember the name of the music shop just down from the now totally unacceptably named "Asbestos" store :)

Oh... £350 for a Tribby. Buy it. Damn good bass.... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='451922' date='Apr 1 2009, 08:34 PM']This thread cracked me up!

You could always have a go at starting your own thread instead of pissing over Greenkings.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='451992' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:08 PM']This makes me laugh. BBC impresses us all with his discerning insight that I was 'throwing my toys outta my pram' and annoyed at the tardiness of requested assistance. Maybe, just maybe I made a sarcastic comment in relation to an unhelpful and judgemental reply to my request for a bit of help. Then again maybe bbc knows me best?[/quote]

Of course I know you best GreeneKing, and I write these things for your own good.

I don't want to hi-jack your thread (although, given the fact that you've already bought the bass, it's no longer relevant), I just think you over-reacted. I also think you took the initial response (which was a throw away comment) to heart somewhat.

If you can post on basschat, why can't you look up the RRP online - or am I missing the point?

As for starting my own thread, what would be the point? Shall I title it "I think GreeneKing was a bit snappy the other day, but apart from that seems like a decent fella"?

Another amazing lesson from the BBC school of tact & diplomacy! :) You'd think after several bans, people would learn... But then again those bruises remind me of the old addage of, "What do you tell someone with two black eyes? - Nothing, you've told them twice already!!!"

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='452227' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:51 AM']As for starting my own thread, what would be the point? Shall I title it "I think GreeneKing was a bit snappy the other day, but apart from that seems like a decent fella"?[/quote]

He meant start your own thread for mortgage advice.

What's with you baby? Where's your bad boy streak!? His comment could be read as bitchy, or it could be read as funny. His comments after that clearly demonstrate frustration, but that could be down to the misinterpretation of his post, rather than the time it took for his to receive a satisfactory reply.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='452234' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:59 AM']Another amazing lesson from the BBC school of tact & diplomacy! :) You'd think after several bans, people would learn... But then again those bruises remind me of the old addage of, "What do you tell someone with two black eyes? - Nothing, you've told them twice already!!!"[/quote]

You make it sound as if I've insulted his mother!

GK is a big boy, I think he over-reacted. If you ask people for help on an online forum, you won't always get helpful answers! I'm sure he'll get over it.

I've over-reacted before no doubt and been called up on it accordingly. It's no big deal. I question the life some of you guys lead if you think my comments constitute having a proper go at someone!

By nature I'll always confront people. I never do it with malice. I'm sure GK is smart enough to know that. If not, he should drop me a PM and we'll have a e-cuddle.

Otherwise, listen to the advice my late old man gave me when I was suffering from a hang over one day;

"Get yourself an empty pint glass, go the fridge, and pour yourself a big glass of toughen-the-f***-up."

Nice fella my old man.

I would have checked it out online but Blackberries, as good as they are arn't the best tool for it. I was in town sorting my Mum's bank stuff out (it's a mess)and was time pressured to get home to take her to the Drs. So when my request for a help with the price i.e. had I stumbled on a once on a lifetime bargain, and was met with a 'given your gear you don't need it' reply I was annoyed. Maybe it was meant in a lighthearted manner and maybe it wasn't, the 'dreaded' smiley might have helped. Hopefully that's it? Bass seems great and I'm loving the switching options even through the Tascam which is very poor for playing bass through but great for other things. If I've upset anyone by being 'brittle' I apologise. Pedro