Why become a member? ×

Just a Precision

Hamster

I've finally succumbed to trying to use a camera! These are the best I can do, but I actually enjoyed trying to take a nice photo - I might try again with my pedalboard soon.

I picked this up a few weeks ago from Mr Old Horse Murphy. It's very very nice to play with a wonderful neck. There wasn't anything really wrong with the tone - the classic P thump. I had some Wizard Thumpers in my bits box, a Villex passive rotary tone booster and a stacked CTS pot.

I've wired it to retain the tone control with the stacked pot. I fully lined the cavity with copper foil as there was a little bit of noise. As its guts were out I popped on a cream pearl scratchplate which I think goes well with the Sky Blue? paint.

A little fret dressing, radius the strings to match the neck, set up with a nice low action and it's as playable as it can get.

The Thumper combined with the Villex RPTB gives it a truly monster tone :)

Only thing I'm not sure about is whether to replace the pickup covers with white or cream ones?

[attachment=23063:DSC_4138.JPG]

[attachment=23066:DSC_4139.JPG]

[attachment=23070:DSC_4226.JPG]

[attachment=23069:DSC_4221.JPG]

[attachment=23071:DSC_4228.JPG]

Very nice - I'd go with the cream p/up covers (like these on eBay [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CREAM--PICKUP-COVER-SET-FOR-P-BASS_W0QQitemZ260380560727QQcmdZViewItem)"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CREAM--PICKUP-COVER-...QQcmdZViewItem)[/url]

Very nice Colin...

I sold this as I was having trouble hearing the P Bass thump. I replaced it with a (guess what?)..............another P bass that I used to own. One day I'll learn :)

I'm currently running a 1 x 10 powered foldback monitor out of the back on my Shuttle 6 and guess what? It works; I can hear!!!

This has one of the nicest necks I've played and I'm glad it's gone to a good home.

And here's a money shot of it being played by some thug (not Colin I hasten to add)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='450577' date='Mar 31 2009, 03:06 PM']Very nice Colin...

I sold this as I was having trouble hearing the P Bass thump. I replaced it with a (guess what?)..............another P bass that I used to own. One day I'll learn :)

I'm currently running a 1 x 10 powered foldback monitor out of the back on my Shuttle 6 and guess what? It works; I can hear!!!

This has one of the nicest necks I've played and I'm glad it's gone to a good home.

And here's a money shot of it being played by some thug (not Colin I hasten to add)[/quote]
Nice blue tinge there! :rolleyes:

Noooooooooooo, don't listen to them! Leave them pickup covers alone.

You have one very sexy P-bass there. I'd love an American P-bass - can't really think of a bass I'd rather have. Just can't afford it :)
I mean my mex is pretty cool - with its tort scratch plate, Waynepunkdude! Hehe. That blue is awesome though.

Vintage-style tuners would be pretty cool maybe. Expensive though I guess.

Thanks for your kind comments :) I've ordered a set of cream covers to try them on for size & appearance, for a couple of quid it's not a big loss is I don't like them - and I'm sure I'll sell them on to a Jazz owner somewhere.........

• 2 months later...