Why become a member? ×

Recent Mesa update

dmccombe7

My wife works for an electronics components company. Their factories are currently operating on leadtimes between 4 months and 13. Yes, over a year on a lead time for a tiny little crystal for your digital circuit timing, worth $0.02.

They are but a tiny part of the massive puzzle which @agedhorse has discussed above. It’s just one of those things right now, sadly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Finally got to use the amps in a gig last night. Just superb. There's a bit of a wait (I am waiting for a 2x12 to come next year) but it will be so worth it.

And here's me thinking you were a strictly 15 man. Have to say the 210 has quite a surprising low end. Far deeper than any other 210 cab I've ever tried.  For me it covers the frequencies the 115 cab lacks very slightly with some of the midi.

Dave 

10 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

My good chum @rumblefish has a great Berg 2x12 and I was impressed with the sound. Similarly, my dream John Deacon rig was a mixture of 18s and 12s. This will be my version of that rig. Mind you, it's overkill on an heroic scale!!!

And why not.

Dave

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Update from Andertons today.

Looks like i wont be getting a Mesa TT800 after all. Time to look for something else.

Shame as i was really looking forward to getting it soon. Have to say i'm disappointed.

This is the Mesa email to Andertons.

Dave

“Due to supply constraints, as well as proper EU compliance timing, we will not be shipping Mesa Boogie to EMEA (Europe) during FY23 (April 2022 – March 2023).

By September 2022 we will be able to confirm if we start shipping to EMEA per April 2023, if all Mesa Boogie products are compliant with Europe CE/UK CA certification and supply constraints are resolved.

By then we plan to re-launch the Brand Mesa Boogie in EMEA, also based on adequate inventory at Europe warehouse.
We will give an update in September.”

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Graham said:

Yikes

That implies they've had to change some componentry because of material shortages, and the new designs have pushed the units out of CE compliance.

It is down to part shortages rather than licensing etc. Apparently some parts are on 60 week lead times so its causing a lot of issues and probably not just for Mesa.

I now need to find an alternative and start from scratch. I spent 2 yrs researching the SW amps before finally taking the plunge.

The thought of another 1-2 yrs researching another amp is quite daunting. Not sure where i'll go now.

Dave

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

It is down to part shortages rather than licensing etc. Apparently some parts are on 60 week lead times so its causing a lot of issues and probably not just for Mesa.

I now need to find an alternative and start from scratch. I spent 2 yrs researching the SW amps before finally taking the plunge.

The thought of another 1-2 yrs researching another amp is quite daunting. Not sure where i'll go now.

Dave

Was also looking forward to this and saw it as a class dual channel solution, are there any alternatives?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sgh said:

Was also looking forward to this and saw it as a class dual channel solution, are there any alternatives?

I cant find any with seperate channels with different voicings and still lightweight.

The Magellan 800 is an option i might look at where you can switch the drive on/off with a footswitch. Only just started to search for an alternative as i had my heart set on the TT800.

Genx only do the 350 and 800 Magellan amps as far as i know.

Tech21 do a twin channel amp but its 23lbs and both channels have same voicings. You can get their dUg version at £2.4k with a high and Low voiced channels. The high channel has a guitar amp voicing and you can blend the two channels to get dUg Pinnick tone whatever that may be. 😂

My Mpulse is a great amp but its getting older by the day and i have had a few niggling issues with it recently so want something modern and reliable but still offering that tube warmth.

Any suggestions welcome guys...............be polite as i've just been dissed 😂

Dave

2 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

Blimey, I am sorry you have had that news. You have been so patient. I guess my additional speaker cab will have to wait. 

I was patient because i assumed it would arrive soon. 

Bit disappointed i didnt get it Steve. I kept seeing guys in US getting their orders within 2-3 months and here's me waiting almost a year and now its cancelled. It does make me feel that Mesa has let me down a bit but as i said most companies are having supply issues.

Time to look elsewhere for a new reliable amp. 

Dave

• Like 1

Just following up with a conversation w/ Dave over on TB so that you have a better idea about what's going on.

I just heard about this decision this morning, I'm really sorry about this.

The compliance issues aren't the issue with the bass gear as they are already globally compliant, but the supply chain pressures just won't let up. As soon as we solve one shortage, something else comes along to create a new issue and it's darn near daily these days.

The decision was made to wait until these problems are resolved (on both the guitar and bass side) before re-starting things in the EU and UK. It's understandable why they made this decision, I absolutely acknowledge that it's frustrating for you (and for me too, for different reasons).

We are seeing lead times on a few parts approaching 60 weeks, and lead times are increasing on some parts that already have scheduled delivery dates, it's a moving target. It's something that's out of anybody's control, and it's even worse on the guitar side with tubes and certain specialty capacitors/resistors, alternate sources of some parts affect safety compliance and require new approvals.

Again, I am as sorry as you guys are about this, and I appreciate the few PM's I have received that were refreshingly respectful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

I cant find any with seperate channels with different voicings and still lightweight.

The Magellan 800 is an option i might look at where you can switch the drive on/off with a footswitch. Only just started to search for an alternative as i had my heart set on the TT800.

Genx only do the 350 and 800 Magellan amps as far as i know.

Tech21 do a twin channel amp but its 23lbs and both channels have same voicings. You can get their dUg version at £2.4k with a high and Low voiced channels. The high channel has a guitar amp voicing and you can blend the two channels to get dUg Pinnick tone whatever that may be. 😂

My Mpulse is a great amp but its getting older by the day and i have had a few niggling issues with it recently so want something modern and reliable but still offering that tube warmth.

Any suggestions welcome guys...............be polite as i've just been dissed 😂

Dave

Take a look at the GR Dual 1400. It has 2 separate 1400w channels with independent EQ sections. Incredibly lightweight too at 3kg. I bought one after selling my Mesa rig that @Bunion was showing off above! 

Oh, and they are comparatively very cheap at £999. 

Edited by binky_bass

1 minute ago, binky_bass said:

Take a look at the GR Dual 1400. It has 2 separate 1400w channels with independent EQ sections. Incredibly lightweight too at 3kg. I bought one after selling my Mesa rig that @Bunion was showing off above! 

Listen to the man he knows a good rig when he sees one 

Damn it MESA! That WD-800 is going to have to wait (a lot) longer. This wouldn't be so annoying if ;

A - I hadn't just sold my M-Pulse 600

B - MESA amps weren't so awesome.

• Like 2

A guy on TB sent me a PM offering to sell me his TT800 and take a cut on what he was looking for to compensate for the shipping costs. 

It was a hugely generous offer but i dont want to take any risks with the amount of money involved and if it went amiss it was create a bad feeling between us so i've said no. He has no knowledge of shipping outside of UK and what's involved and neither do i so best he sells it in US and gets what its worth.

I just thought it was a genuine nice offer from a fellow bassist. He wants to go back to his first love a D800+.

Just shows what a nice bunch of people us bassists are. I was quite overwhelmed by it.

Dave

• Like 2