Why become a member? ×

Please have a listen, this took me AGES! haha

Zoe_BillySheehan

Hey!

I've just spent about 8 - 9 hours recording this in my bedroom.
all my using is the free programme 'Garageband' that you get with Macs.
and a 1/8 phono to a 1/4 stereo jack lead.

Everything on there (bass and guitar) is played by me...
and the drums are just loops from 'Garageband'..
and i programmed it myself too.

PLEASE have a listen :)

Just click on "(Cover) The Clash - Stay free" my Music Myspace:
[url="http://www.myspace.com/ZoeHeslopBass"]www.myspace.com/ZoeHeslopBass[/url]

All comments are MUCH appreciated, thank you!

Zoe
x

Great work. There's nothing quite so satisfying as getting songs down onto tape - I did all the production and engineering on the tracks linked in my signature and it is SO much work but it's always worth it once you've got the end product.

Now when can we expect some vocals from you as well? Join us singing bassists!

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='446335' date='Mar 26 2009, 07:17 PM']Great work. There's nothing quite so satisfying as getting songs down onto tape - I did all the production and engineering on the tracks linked in my signature and it is SO much work but it's always worth it once you've got the end product.

Now when can we expect some vocals from you as well? Join us singing bassists!

Alex[/quote]
thank you :rolleyes:
and I wish i could sing! really do :)

Z
x

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='446336' date='Mar 26 2009, 07:19 PM']thank you :rolleyes:
and I wish i could sing! really do :)[/quote]

Not being able to sing has never stopped me! (Well it used to but it doesn't any more - though it does mean my wife avoids my gigs...) I got sick of trying to find a vocalist and was already writing the lyrics and it just happened by accident. Rather like the bass cabs thing, who knows where life will lead you?!

Glad you liked the tunes - hoping to do a whole album this year if we find the time...

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='446365' date='Mar 26 2009, 07:40 PM']Not being able to sing has never stopped me! (Well it used to but it doesn't any more - though it does mean my wife avoids my gigs...) I got sick of trying to find a vocalist and was already writing the lyrics and it just happened by accident. Rather like the bass cabs thing, who knows where life will lead you?!

Glad you liked the tunes - hoping to do a whole album this year if we find the time...

Alex[/quote]

Yeah, i dunno, might try puttin a vocal track on it soon... wether it turns out good or not.. depends if i upload it lol

Z
x

[quote name='Eight' post='446591' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:19 PM']Ok I turned off the Clash cover. Erm... not for me.

But you can play girl! :) And I much enjoyed Rescue Me - even if it was wery wery qwiet.[/quote]

yeah the Rescue Me was just recorded on my macbook.
usin the mic on the front.

i can plug straight into it now, so any other videos i make from now on should sound better :D

thanks again!!!

Z
x

[quote name='lonestar' post='447280' date='Mar 27 2009, 02:20 PM']That's really good Zoe.
Well played.
I'm a big Clash fan it's a great tune. Sadly I'm old enough to be nostalgic about this from playing Give 'em Enough Rope to death during my last year at school.

Mike[/quote]

Aw thankyou Mike! :)

and nah, thats not a thing to be sad about.
you were around to experience the clash 1st hand.

damn i would have loved that!!!

Z
x

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='447430' date='Mar 27 2009, 03:55 PM']Aw thankyou Mike! :)

and nah, thats not a thing to be sad about.
you were around to experience the clash 1st hand.

damn i would have loved that!!!

Z
x[/quote]

The saddest part is that I had tickets to go and see them at Hammersmith Odeon around the time of London Calling and they cancelled the gig.

Hi Zoe

Really nice bass playing - and everything else as well - I know what it's like recording stuff yourself, after a few hours you think you are going mad, have forgotten the time, or to eat something, the phone rings are you can't even remember your name... (or is that just me :) ) - it's like a very addictive drug, but thankfully the more you do it the better you get at recording, and playing music (hopefully).

In other words keep it up - really good work.

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='448896' date='Mar 29 2009, 07:53 PM']Hi Zoe

Really nice bass playing - and everything else as well - I know what it's like recording stuff yourself, after a few hours you think you are going mad, have forgotten the time, or to eat something, the phone rings are you can't even remember your name... (or is that just me :) ) - it's like a very addictive drug, but thankfully the more you do it the better you get at recording, and playing music (hopefully).

In other words keep it up - really good work.

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

Hey Mike !

Thanks so much :rolleyes:

and yeah, i understand exactly what you mean, before you know it, 5 hours have past already haha. and you dont wanna stop til you get 'this part' done etc. and its a pretty good feeling afterwards aswell :D

thanks again!

Z
x

well done, that's sounding pretty good both musically (obviously) and as far as production values go, considering you did it in garageband. ^_^

recording/mixing is a long and time consuming road (i feel like i've spent about 1000 hours so far on our most recent tracks), as others have said, but well worth it in the end. plus, it gives you an excuse to buy all sorts of new gear! :)

[quote name='escholl' post='449809' date='Mar 30 2009, 07:22 PM']well done, that's sounding pretty good both musically (obviously) and as far as production values go, considering you did it in garageband. ^_^

recording/mixing is a long and time consuming road (i feel like i've spent about 1000 hours so far on our most recent tracks), as others have said, but well worth it in the end. plus, it gives you an excuse to buy all sorts of new gear! ;)[/quote]

Hey :)

thankyou for your kind words!!

and maybe in the future i'll have some better gear to work with :rolleyes: garageband is just a really easy option right now haha.

Id LOVE to learn how to how to record properly, with a decent programme :D

Z
x

Zoe, this is great work, I am really impressed.

If you are interested in the production side, why not think about doing a course? This could be something for you to add to your skills and open more career possibilities.

Cheers
AM