Why become a member? ×

BACK FOR SALE ' P- bass' replica relic TASTY!!!! Back for sale

gafbass02

EDITED...BACK FOR SALE ...OFFERS?

I picked up an unknown brand (most likely fuji or matsu) 70s japanese P bass copy a while back and have rather modded it beyond belief, but im still in way too much debt so it's gotta go

Here it is, the body as stated is a 70's jap body with a very thin sunburst finish that wears really easily. All the damage to the sides and back is original play wear, ONLY the damage to the front forearm bout is new and its actual playwear not just a screwdriver attack, although i confess i did make a point of playing 'vigourously' with a pick, but hey, ive been enjoying the new sound and vibe!

The body was obviously played the hell out of for years! Since the pics there is a fag burn on the headstock (outdoor gig) and the forearm bout wear has spread and the pickguard has been stopped from lifting and the whole bass is copper shielded.

The neck is a rather snazzy, and pricey, brand new allparts relic over a lightly flamed neck and is fitted as you can see with a fender logo. The neck is brand new and very convincing!, the fretwire is non original stewmac vintage fine stuff that was specifically fitted afterwards. Its FAB with a wonderful matte stingray-esque worn finish and rolled edges for a played in feel. The pro that fitted it wanted to buy it off me.

The tuners are the original 70s ones although underneath the neck is drilled for period correct reverse action jobbies.

ALL the hardware is bloomin expensive genuine Fender USA aged parts, the knobs, pickguard, all screws, neckplate, and grooved saddle bridge.

The bridge cover is the original 70s one. The neck one is an aged part but i dont think its fender cause it dosnt match the screw holes on the fender pickguard. So its not fitted but would be included, along with the tatty old case it came with.

The pickup was made specifically for this bass by Andy at Wizard pickups, its the 'trad' model. I asked for slightly underwound but very edgy and growly tone in an aged cover, and it sounds out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!
Proper piano like, deep but solid growly tone. One of the best ive heard, full stop!!!

The bass was pro assembled and set up and is amazing in all regards.

But I need to pay off some credit card bill

£420 delivered in it's hard case with the covers and schaller straplocks.
This is a very special bass indeed and has to be seen and played to be fully appreciated! No sales bull, it's über tasty!
I already sold it once for debt and then bought it back as soon as i could (well, too soon actually which i why i have to sell again:-( )

Edited by gafbass02

Looks like a great job has been done on this bass! I doubt it'll ever make you happy as it is so why not just put in a J-type bridge p/u from Andy? Then it'll look great and sound great!

Good luck with it whatever you decide to do...

This looks the complete DBs to me, with a wonderful aged finish. I'd leave it as it is, enjoy owning it and buy another bass to do the bridge pickup bit. :) Oh and i'd buy it too if you wanted to put it up for sale....

Edited by loweringthetone

Do NOT put any weird and wonderful non-p pickups in that bass!

It is beautiful the way it is.

I think the best solution would be to sell the bass to me at a bargain price, since I will get alot more enjoyment out of it that you have :)

I also forgot to mention that ive sheilded the hell out of it with layers of shielding tape even inside the pup casings, and then gone over that with insulation tape. Its nice n quiet!
Its also all CTS pots etc.

I think ive decided to leave it as is but see if i can swap it. P's just arent my bass i guess. I have NO idea what id sell it for!
It cost quite a bit but as i know i wont get that back!

Edited by gafbass02

• 1 month later...

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='479341' date='May 4 2009, 08:13 PM']now, if someone would collect for me and send it too Dutchland (\0/) :rolleyes:[/quote]

could be a possibility, as I'm planning a trip to hoge veluwe soon :)

• 5 months later...