Why become a member? ×

Alternatives to Boss LS2?

BadHands

Hi all!

I've only just realised HOW valuable the LS2 is for what I'm aiming to do with my pedalboard (Blending clean signal in with effected), so I'm looking in the usual places to find one relatively cheap. Pardon the pun but I'm out of the loop with this kind of pedal.. What alternatives to it exist, or is this the best at it's price point? Aside from phase inversion, are there any other features that other pedals have?

Thanks!

A few years a go I looked into it and found the ls2 was the cheapest (but good) I was gonna get. Things might be different now, but the only real Comparable pedals were boutoqueish ones for considerably more money! 

I might be talking shite though! 😂

• Thanks 1

I wanted more than 1 FX loop, so I bought a Wounded Paw V4 Blender. It costs more than double the LS2, and is shipped from Canada, and is quite large...

However, it's got 4 separate loops with high pass, phase reverse, choice of how bypass switching and individual volumes, plus blending with a clean signal with bass and treble controls. So not I've got 4 loops consisting of Future Impact, Bass Whammy, 3 leaf envelope follower, and FwonkBeta/Darkglass tube distortion. It's like a mixer stompbox!

• Like 1

There are other blend pedals like the Xotic X Blender, or the Wounded Paw Blender, or the One Control Mosquite Blender.

The LS2 is a very cool pedal though. It can work as a blender (although I never blend a clean signal with my effects), but I use it either as a master effects bypass when I use a board, or as an AB box for multiple instruments. Its a super versatile pedal, and I picked up one of mine from Cash Converters for £20!!.

49 minutes ago, Rich said:

If you can use a soldering iron, why not make your own? Using this as a basis, it'd be quite straightforward to put an FX loop switching thingy together. 

https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/Blender_-_signal_mixer/p847124_8681943.aspx

This is certainly something I'd be interested in doing in the future. My only concern is with any kit like the above, the more I learn about what I'd need to include to include to cover the bases I want, the more it will eventually cost and it could just be cheaper buying one that already exists. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stewblack said:

Allow me to join the clamour of LS2 love. Small footprint, incredible flexibility, only other pedal I have that does similar is the Tri Parallel Mixer, and it's nearly 3X the size. 

Yeah, I was sorely tempted to try it, but it's just too damn big.