sbrag

SOLD Hohner B bass V final price drop to £250
£325
BRISTOL

Very nice 5 string Hohner B Bass from the late 80s/early90s with a through neck and active/passive electrics.

Bass is in good condition for it's age and has had a new set of Rotosound 45-130 strings, along with a set up and electrics checked and a coat of lemon oil on the fretboard. It plays very nicely and sounds great.

It does have a few scuffs which I have tried to show mostly near the jack socket but they are only cosmetic and the neck is in excellent condition.

Only selling as I bought it on a whim thinking I needed a 5 string and it's just reminded me I don't get on with 5 strings.

Collection from Downend in Bristol preferred and can try and sort a socially distanced trial. I can look to courier at buyers cost and risk. I will include a hard case in the cost to make this safer.

I'd prefer a sale but will consider trades especially for a Barefaced compact cab or possibly other barefaced cabs or interesting 4 string basses of similar value (no black basses though as I have enough already ta).

Trades in order of interestingness;

Cold hard cash

Retrovibe Renegade or Vantage

Epiphone Thunderbird Pro (passive ones)

Nice Jazz with block and bound neck 

20210218_165317.thumb.jpg.c3d06e96e491109230b46707e55f2520.jpg

20210218_165235.jpg

20210218_165225.jpg

20210218_165530.jpg

20210218_165505.jpg

20210218_165309.jpg

20210218_165300.jpg

20210218_165244.jpg

Edited by sbrag
Sold
  • Like 6

I had one of these for a while.  (Not this one.)   I liked it a lot.  If I was playing fretted fives I'd be after it.

• Like 2

Fabulous work horse Basses that punch way above their pay grade.

The lucky new owner will be very happy 👍👍

Edited by dodgnofski

Like yourself @sbrag - I keep telling myself I need a 5 string.... then deciding I don't lol

But I'd be tempted by something lightweight, with a not too chunky or overly wide neck
Any idea of the weight of this bass, and what is the neck width at the nut & 12th fret?

These look quite a bit like some of the Nanyo Bass Collection range... and some of those are quite lightweight

Hi @Marc S

It is light weight 3.6kg or 8 lb according to my bathroom scales. String spacing is 9mm at the nut and 16mm at the bridge. Please let me know if you need any more info.

Edited by sbrag

Great basses. I got one new back in the day, still have it. I swapped the bridge out for an ABM and fitted an OBP-3. These really are excellent instruments, well built. GLWTS!

• Like 1

I had one of these in the early 2000s - great bass. 
These are really playable, not too heavy and active eq to boot. Ultimately the string spacing was a little too tight for my ‘agricultural’ right hand technique.

• Like 1

Couple of things I'm interested in so price drop to £290 plus postage or £275 if you collect and don't want the hard case.

Open to sensible offers especially if you can collect. 

Posted (edited)

Final price drop to £250 collected.

Hard case £20 extra.

Postage (UK only) extra depending on your requirements etc.

No offers please as I'll keep if for any less than this.

Still open to trades as above.

Edited by sbrag

Thank you. I'm tempted to keep it as it sounds great but I never play the B string and the spacing is a bit close for my clumsy fingers.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kinder
      Now sold, thanks.

Hi
      My sale fell through (the courier lost the bass, long story but I got it back) so it's back up for sale at £925.
      I bought this new 7 years ago and it was my main gigging bass until I moved to a Jazz. It’s been my backup since then so I’ve decided to sell with a heavy heart.
      It’s set up with flats and plays beautifully, the neck really is lovely. Comes with the moulded Fender case but I don’t have the case candy I’m afraid.
      I put straplocks on but don’t have the originals, so I’ll throw in the Comfort strap.
      It’s in perfect condition apart from a bit of scuffing on the G string tuning peg from where it wore through my gig bag. I've tried to show this in the photos.
      If you want to come and try it you’d be very welcome – I can set up my rig in the garage so we can keep our distance. After my recent experience I won't courier if, but I would be happy to deliver it up to 100 miles or meet the buyer.  I'm not trusting a courier with this.
      No trades thanks. I’ve bought loads of stuff from here over the years but haven’t bothered getting much feedback. I could ask some sellers for feedback if anyone wants reassurance.
      Cheers
      Andy

Edit: this weighs 9.4lb or 4.3kg. And string spacing at the bridge is 18-19mm.

• By Rtotherosco
      Beloved 2013 custom shop Warwick Thumb through-neck 5 string, built for me with the broad neck option and a lovely swirly bubinga pommele body. I'm the original owner, it's never been gigged, never even left my house. No mod's, no marks, regularly waxed, I still have all the tools and certificates and everything works perfectly. I get to play it roughly an hour a week. it's too nice to be an ornament.
      On the dodgy bathroom scales, I'm reading high 4's to 5 kilos, not sure if that sounds right, but it's defo on the heavy side and I know people like to know. I'm located in Suffolk and would be happy to travel to meet half way with a serious prospective buyer, or discuss splitting shipping costs etc. Original Warwick hard/flight case is also included  either way  

Thanks

• By Arnoldoc
      Selling my Atelier Z Jerry Barnes M265. Top of the line, hand made in Japan, 70s style bass from Atelier. Bought new a few weeks ago and in literally "as new" condition. Fantastic instrument and craftsmanship, but selling as I'm much more of a 60s pickup position / alder body guy. Easily nails the 70s super jazz, Marcus Miller type of tone. It has an upgraded electronics package (including a passive tone knob), adding additional versatility. 70s type of sound but without the huge weight! (pretty light for an ash 5 string). Currently setup with quite low action with no buzz at all.
      Jerry Barnes (Chic's bass player) signature model. 
      Specs:
      Neck : Maple with binding, 21 Frets
      Body : Ash
      Tuners : GOTOH 
      Bridge : Vintage-type
      Pickups : ATELIER Z JBZ-5
      Preamp : ATELIER Z EQ-M
      Control : F vol, R vol/switch A/P, Passive Tone, Stacked Bass/Trenble
      Colour : Vintage Natural gloss
      Gig Bag: Padded deluxe
      Sring spacing at bridge: 19mm
      Weight: 4.5kg
      Plenty of feedback:  

• By silentbob
      Picked this up a couple of months back to have another try with five strings. Not sure what I was thinking because I struggle with four so in light of some recent purchases I  think I will move this on.
      The Good Points
      It's a good, solid 5 string bass which punches above it's weight. Body is Bubinga wood, fingerboard is Rosewood. The neck is super flat and really nice to play. Hardware and pickups are by Wilkinson. The four pots are Volume, Tone, Bass, and Pickup Blend.
      The Bad Points
      It has a few marks and dings (the previous owner toured Europe with it) but nothing major, just general, light, wear and tear.
      When I picked it up, it had a really low output, and the pickup blend pot was crackly when adjusted. On inspection, the battery had leaked and corroded the battery clip, so I replaced that and stuck in a new 9v which sorted the output issue. I haven't gotten around to fixing the pot yet. It may just need a squirt of cleaner, or it may need a replacement soldering in, both of which should be pretty simple and are reflected in the price.
      Price is £125. This does not include shipping but does include a crap Fender gig bag to carry it home in. Shipping could possibly be arranged. I have a box, and can upgrade to a better more padded gigbag, but this will push the price to £160.
      I would also consider a trade for a high end (Mono, Sadowsky) gig bag with money either way.
      Socially distanced collection or viewing is welcome, as is PayPal if fees are covered.
      Any questions, please ask.

• By RiverofDeceit69
      *Price Drop £325*

For sale/ trade here is my Cort Bass GB75 JH in Trans black
      Owned for about two years, played many shows and recorded with it but I'm no longer in a hardcore band, so I don't need a 5 string.
      Omega Bass bridge Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound J-Bass pickup in the neck Hipshot Ultralite Machine heads Swamp Ash Body 2 Band EQ, pickup selector, volume Maple neck (with a nice flame maple) Humbucker in the back ( great stingray tone) Spoke wheel truss rod adjustment (like those on musicman basses) comes with gig bag Ideally I'd like to trade it for a bass in the same price range (preferably fretless)

Few nicks here and there on the body, and a few up the neck but nothing noticeable.
      The battery cover on the back came off unfortunately.
      one of the tuning pegs is slightly bent, but works perfectly still.
      The neck pickup is a bit temperamental due to soldering work, but its a 2 minute fix to re-solder the wire - I just don't have access to a soldering iron right now.
      Other than that, it's in full working order and good condition