sbrag

Hohner B bass V price drop to £275
£325
BRISTOL

Very nice 5 string Hohner B Bass from the late 80s/early90s with a through neck and active/passive electrics.

Bass is in good condition for it's age and has had a new set of Rotosound 45-130 strings, along with a set up and electrics checked and a coat of lemon oil on the fretboard. It plays very nicely and sounds great.

It does have a few scuffs which I have tried to show mostly near the jack socket but they are only cosmetic and the neck is in excellent condition.

Only selling as I bought it on a whim thinking I needed a 5 string and it's just reminded me I don't get on with 5 strings.

Collection from Downend in Bristol preferred and can try and sort a socially distanced trial. I can look to courier at buyers cost and risk. I will include a hard case in the cost to make this safer.

I'd prefer a sale but will consider trades especially for a Barefaced compact cab or possibly other barefaced cabs or interesting 4 string basses of similar value (no black basses though as I have enough already ta).

Trades in order of interestingness;

Cold hard cash

Retrovibe Renegade or Vantage

Epiphone Thunderbird Pro (passive ones)

Nice Jazz with block and bound neck 

20210218_165317.thumb.jpg.c3d06e96e491109230b46707e55f2520.jpg

20210218_165235.jpg

20210218_165225.jpg

20210218_165530.jpg

20210218_165505.jpg

20210218_165309.jpg

20210218_165300.jpg

20210218_165244.jpg

Edited by sbrag
Updated trades
  • Like 5

I had one of these for a while.  (Not this one.)   I liked it a lot.  If I was playing fretted fives I'd be after it.

• Like 2

Fabulous work horse Basses that punch way above their pay grade.

The lucky new owner will be very happy 👍👍

Edited by dodgnofski

Like yourself @sbrag - I keep telling myself I need a 5 string.... then deciding I don't lol

But I'd be tempted by something lightweight, with a not too chunky or overly wide neck
Any idea of the weight of this bass, and what is the neck width at the nut & 12th fret?

These look quite a bit like some of the Nanyo Bass Collection range... and some of those are quite lightweight

Hi @Marc S

It is light weight 3.6kg or 8 lb according to my bathroom scales. String spacing is 9mm at the nut and 16mm at the bridge. Please let me know if you need any more info.

Edited by sbrag

Great basses. I got one new back in the day, still have it. I swapped the bridge out for an ABM and fitted an OBP-3. These really are excellent instruments, well built. GLWTS!

• Like 1

I had one of these in the early 2000s - great bass. 
These are really playable, not too heavy and active eq to boot. Ultimately the string spacing was a little too tight for my ‘agricultural’ right hand technique.

• Like 1

Couple of things I'm interested in so price drop to £290 plus postage or £275 if you collect and don't want the hard case.

Open to sensible offers especially if you can collect. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.