Why become a member? ×

Good Day to you all!

Kwiatkowski_73

Hi! 

I'm K, pleased to be hear. 

Technically I've been "playing" for 16 years, but if I'm 100% honest I'd say I've only started properly in the last month or so. This makes me very much an "all the gear, no idea person." 

Currently own two Sandbergs and three GK amps. (Note that one Sandberg and one of the GK amps is probably going to pop up on the for sale areas very soon!)

I originally picked up the bass because bands near me needed bassists more than they needed backing guitarists. Traded in an ESP LTD guitar for an Epiphone Thunderbird and instantly fell in love with the notion of being a bassist. Then I spent years being "that guy" who muddled their way through things because theory was not a thing, nor was practicing. 

Between friends who are all great guitarists and a father in law that spends a lot of time in recording studios I decided this year that it would actually be nice to have a jam with them and not crap my pants about not knowing anything about the instrument or the notes I can and can't play. So I've started playing every day for at least 30 minutes and taken up a few online courses to get technique and theory under my belt. 

The goal is to one day decide I'm good enough to justify buying a Dingwall Super P 😅. What better way to motivate yourself than a £4000 gift at the end of it all.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kwiatkowski_73 said:

@SpondonBassedSpent all of yesterday trying to work this out. 

Either you've been talking to my wife and are aware of my ability to "let rip" or I have no idea what GAS stands for 😂.

Please educate me. 😊

It is a condition common among members of the forum.  You are in excellent company.

• G - Gear
  • A - Acquisition
  • S - Syndrome

If you can't keep a check on it you'd best avoid the temptation of the Basschat marketplace.

PS:  We're all for fart gags here.  It's all about the bottom end innit.

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

It is a condition common among members of the forum.  You are in excellent company.

• G - Gear
  • A - Acquisition
  • S - Syndrome

If you can't keep a check on it you'd best avoid the temptation of the Basschat marketplace.

PS:  We're all for fart gags here.  It's all about the bottom end innit.

Yeah. In that case I'm done for! 😂.

I don't do cheap hobbies. 

• Haha 1