Why become a member? ×

I've think I've just come across the worst 'band' ever

Barking Spiders

So basically a light-hearted thread about what probably wasn’t music’s finest hour has degenerated into the usual “I like something you don’t so let’s pretend that we’ll agree to disagree whilst passively-aggressively sniping about your taste in music”. 😕

Edited by FDC484950
  • Like 1

What confuses me is that Disturbed's SoS is clearly a marmite version (I prefer it TBH, the original is just played too much for wistful and optimistic, not dark and miserable enough for me), but regardless of this it could be uber sh!te and the worst cover version ever, but that doesn't make Disturbed the worst band ever, <checks> this is worst BAND not worst SONG.

There are loads of examples of lemons by decent bands, what's sought here are surely truly awful  examples of bands through and through.

Doing a YouTube search of 'worst band' gives hours of enjoyment 🙂

I always had a soft spot for the Porstmouth Sinfonia 🙂  I think the criteria for joining was that you had to play an instrument you hadn't played before or was new to you.

And who could ever forget Florence Foster Jenkins?

On 07/02/2021 at 15:16, Killed_by_Death said:

This song came out a decade ago today, and she's released a remix to celebrate:

She was only 13, and the amount of stinky poo she got (including death threats) was crazy. It's to her credit that she came out of it with sense of humour intact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

What confuses me is that Disturbed's SoS is clearly a marmite version (I prefer it TBH, the original is just played too much for wistful and optimistic, not dark and miserable enough for me), but regardless of this it could be uber sh!te and the worst cover version ever, but that doesn't make Disturbed the worst band ever, <checks> this is worst BAND not worst SONG.

There are loads of examples of lemons by decent bands, what's sought here are surely truly awful  examples of bands through and through.

Absolutely. I have a strong dislike for the music made by Disturbed and similar sounding bands. However, they're not intrinsically bad as clearly the vocalists can sing and the musicians can actually play. However, with Brokencyde here is a group where none of the members have any discernible musical ability. Maybe they were doing it for a laff, who knows. When I was a teen me and my mates enjoyed goofing around and deliberately making horrible sounds with guitars, drums, anything that came to hand but we never inflicted them on the world.

36 minutes ago, MartinB said:

This song came out a decade ago today, and she's released a remix to celebrate:

She was only 13, and the amount of stinky poo she got (including death threats) was crazy. It's to her credit that she came out of it with sense of humour intact.

Arrrghhhhhh!  I can't begin to think of words to describe how awful that is!
Sometimes a radio is  on in the kitchen at work, or I hear this sort of dros muzac in the local shop .... and there are people singing along to it - they know the words and everything, which leaves me horrified!

1 hour ago, inthedoghouse said:

Doing a YouTube search of 'worst band' gives hours of enjoyment 🙂

I always had a soft spot for the Porstmouth Sinfonia 🙂  I think the criteria for joining was that you had to play an instrument you hadn't played before or was new to you.

"This was recorded by the Portsmouth Sinfonia in an experiment where all the members of the orchestra would swap instruments with each other and attempt to play them to the best of their ability."

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

but that doesn't make Disturbed the worst band ever, <checks> this is worst BAND not worst SONG.

Fair cop, I can agree with that, they do good stuff.

Unfortunately the worst band I have ever seen was local to here, and I doubt (hope) they were seen by many people. What made it worse was that they were so happy doing it. Not much of a sharing experience then.

2 hours ago, MartinB said:

Still a better song than SoS by Disturbed.