72deluxe

European shipping? Carrier suggestions

Hello

I am just asking to see if anyone has any suggestions for European shipping. I have interest on a bass I am selling from various places (Norway, Croatia etc.) so trying to get prices. Since the case is massive and wide, it seems astronomically expensive for shipping so I am not sure if I am looking in the wrong places?

I can see Eurosender is offered a discount for basschat;

I've also looked at transglobalexpress.co.uk, Parcel Force, parcelmonkey etc. but wondering if anyone else had suggestions?

Thanks, Rich

Just now, BassApprentice said:

Eurosender are currently unable to operate in UK so would count them out for now. 

Thanks for the info, very helpful. I should probably have read more about them.

I’d never shipped a bass before and last week had to send a£5000 bass to Corsica.Used fedex express service.picked up 10.30 am on the Tuesday,delivered safely by 10.00 am ish on the Thursday ahead of schedule.pleased and very much relieved.unfortunately the buyer was hit for about 20%.french import tax.fedex give clear instructions on what labels to print and how many of each you need to send with the package.I insured with secusus,as someone on here had recommended but luckily didn’t have no reason to contact them so I can’t comment on how well they would have dealt with any claims.

very impressed with fedex though! Hope this is of some help to you.

Eurosender can still operate in the UK but only with express option which means 24h delivery, with fast customs and easy import/export process.

3 hours ago, Shipping guy said:

Eurosender can still operate in the UK but only with express option which means 24h delivery, with fast customs and easy import/export process.

I contacted Eurosender yesterday bud via email & live chat regarding UK services. I tried the Express option as you mentioned online and the price was 200 + euros when i added the weight on the first page...didn't go any further than that. Forgot to add that i have used Eurosender before & no probs 

Screenshot_20210120-200037_Email.jpg

Edited by Dov65
Info

Thank you for the information and tips. I have found it to be very expensive too so probably won't be shipping it abroad.