FinnDave

Barefaced Super Twin & ABM 600
£1200
West Oxfordshire

Reluctantly, I have to admit to myself that it is time to move on the best amp & speakers I have ever played through. I am scaling back the number of gigs I will play in the future and quite honestly, this gear has not left the house since May 2019. Since then it has been taking up room in a house that is short of space.

Selling as a pair as they are perfectly matched. The amp is an Ashdown ABM 600 evo iv, in perfect condition and has seen very little use - perhaps half a dozen gigs, probably less.

The cab is rather special - the very first Super Twin that Barefaced produced for sale, serial number S001, collected by myself from the factory in Brighton. It has never been pushed hard, never been dropped, banged, or scuffed - it is in the same condition it was in when I bought it in 2013. The cab has been used for most of the gigs I played from autumn 2013 until May 2019 - since then it has stood in the house, unused. The majority of the gigs I played with it used it as a source to feed the PA, so the stage volume was low.

Both amp and cab have always been protected by Roqsolid covers, which are included in the sale price. I have the original box for the amplifier, but the cab was simply loaded into the back of my car when I bought it.

I am not able to post/ship this equipment, so it will need to be collected from West Oxfordshire, or a meet-up arranged. I would much rather the buyer had a chance to try the set up before using it but that is not possible under present lockdown rules, so we will need to wait a while or find a legal work around.

amp 1.jpeg

amp 4.jpeg

amp 2.jpeg

amp 3.jpeg

• Like 9

It's been good to me, but even before lockdown, I wasn't using it much anymore. 

• Like 1

Amazing combo. Will sounds class and huge just about everywhere! GLWTS man

If I were in a band that was going to be doing loads of gigs post-lockdown...  sigh.

What a fantastic rig! GLWTS :)

• Thanks 1

It certainly does sound awesome - last gig I played with it was at the Trades Club, Hebden Bridge in May 2019. It sounded huge there.

• Like 2

Oooh that is nice! There's something about the Ashdown/Barefaced combination isn't there? 

Whoever gets this will be set up for life! 

• Thanks 1

Any possibility of splitting? I'd be interested in the cab.

46 minutes ago, danpb said:

Any possibility of splitting? I'd be interested in the cab.

Yes, I am prepared to split them. 

30 minutes ago, JapanAxe said:

Not much you couldn't do with that setup! GLWTS Dave.

No, it's got plenty of heft, oomph, depth - whatever the magic is, this rig's got it.

I'm fairly sure you've heard it in action, probably at a Wirebirds gig in Swindon.

Yes I think I Adidas, at the Sun Inn at Coate. Ah, gigs...

MUCH LATER EDIT: Adidas?? 

Edited by JapanAxe

I thought it was probably at the Sun. Feels a like a different world now.