Why become a member? ×

Buying bass strings from Amazon

shoulderpet

Hi all. 

I have a gift card for Amazon and naturally I would like to get some new strings with it however I have heard reports of fakes on Amazon.  Was wondering how common this us, if a product is shown as despatched by Amazon (rather than a seller on Amazon) is this any guarantee of getting genuine goods and is there any sellers on Amazon that people have had good luck with ? Thanks

Like you say get them dispatched by Amazon. I don’t think fakes are too much of a problem it was mostly fake elixirs which were easy to spot. If in doubt you can post a picture of the pack here and Amazon have a good returns policy. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ped said:

Like you say get them dispatched by Amazon. I don’t think fakes are too much of a problem it was mostly fake elixirs which were easy to spot. If in doubt you can post a picture of the pack here and Amazon have a good returns policy. 

This and also there were a few daddario strings around but as ped says buy direct from amazon and all should be fine 

I just bought some guitar strings from Amazon for the 1st time. All the usual guitar shops had them, but for £12.99 + anywhere from 1.99 to 4.99 for 3 or 4 day delivery. Ordered on Prime for 9.99, inc next day delivery.

From the writing on the packaging they look like they were destined for France, otherwise they’re legit and including postage, 50% cheaper. 

The last 4 sets of strings I brought were all from Amazon, all arrived and all sealed and good.

They were all "dispatched from and sold by Amazon", even if they weren't I'd be pretty confident of getting what I paid for..amp, straps, strap locks, grow lights, clothing and so on all arrived fine. I can't think of a single time I haven't received what I ordered actually, some turned up a little later than expected but that can happen to any online purchase.