Why become a member? ×

SOLD Shuker 6 string custom

MacDaddy

ok, big edit, I need to downsize and this isn't getting played so for sale at £699.99 with a coffin case gig bag and a john petrucci 6 string tuition video.

Please no offers - unless they are for more :)

I've had it for 2 years, and it has mostly been living in a case. Gwil had it before me, and the guy before him bought it from John Shuker (I think that's the history, I'm sure Gwil will correct me, or maybe Dood as he knows all things Shuker!). The action is incredible and the neck is amazing, the Shuker heritage can be felt. There are a couple of dinks on the body, nothing major, and I will have it with me at the Bass Bash.
Here's some pics.

Edited by MacDaddy

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='46630' date='Aug 16 2007, 09:44 PM']It's like this, I have 3 basses, a 4, 5, and 6, but because of the band I play in the 4 is tuned BEAD, so I don't have a [i]proper [/i]bass. So I'm wanting to trade my custom made Shuker 6 string (EMG's 3 band eq) for a 4 of similar quality. Perhaps a Bongo, but open to suggestion and offers.

I've had it for 2 years, and it has mostly been living in a case. Gwil had it before me, and the guy before him bought it from John Shuker (I think that's the history, I'm sure Gwil will correct me, or maybe Dood as he knows all things Shuker!). The action is incredible and the neck is amazing, the Shuker heritage can be felt. There are a couple of dinks on the body, nothing major, and I will have it with me at the South East Bass Bash.[/quote]

hey Mac
shame you're having to let this go...

I was indeed the second owner (The guy I bought it from had bought it direct from Shuker), and I had it long enough to realise that I didn't need or want a 6 string fretted bass (at least not at the time anyway!) However, as you might expect it is a very well made bass and sounds fantastic, quite a mid heavy modern tone, which may well be the EMG DC40 pups cos it sounded very similar to the MPG Level5 that I had at one point. The electronics are the standard(?) Shuker 3 band eq I think, it balanced very nicely, not neck heavy at all, and wasn't particularly heavy either. Oh and i think the string spacing at the bridge was quite narrow ~16/17mm ? Which i liked.

Hope that helps some :)
cheers
G

hey Mac

here's a sound sample of your Shuker - hope you don't mind me posting it up here for you. It's quite boring really! Straight scales, up and down. I recorded it at the time as a favour for Dood who wanted to hear what the EMG pups sounded like. Consequently IIRC the eq was set flat, and I started on on the neck pup, both pups, then bridge only.

cheers
G

[quote name='rockinbassman' post='47272' date='Aug 19 2007, 04:23 AM']where is the south east bash! i live in bton, would love to pop along![/quote]

You can come if you have a Tardis - please bring an air freshener and a +600w cab with jack connectors :)

Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='47277' date='Aug 19 2007, 08:18 AM']You can come if you have a Tardis - please bring an air freshener and a +600w cab with jack connectors :)

Hamster[/quote]
LMAO!! Oh yes.

BTW I had a go on this bass yesterday and I was very impressed with the sound - loads of firm mid range growl and strong sounds from both pickups, without any trace of boom or brittleness.

[quote name='Gwilym' post='47040' date='Aug 18 2007, 12:20 AM']hey Mac

here's a sound sample of your Shuker - hope you don't mind me posting it up here for you. It's quite boring really! Straight scales, up and down. I recorded it at the time as a favour for Dood who wanted to hear what the EMG pups sounded like. Consequently IIRC the eq was set flat, and I started on on the neck pup, both pups, then bridge only.

cheers
G[/quote]

thanks again Gwil!

and thanks for the kind words from Kiwi and Dood.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='BeLow' post='76718' date='Oct 19 2007, 08:24 PM']How much would you be looking for - I am up in the herts area in the first weekend of November for a gig and I am sure this would complement the shukers I have already.[/quote]

pm'd

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel strangely depressed now. That was a lot of bass for a little money, sorry to rub it in. :)
What are you going to do with the money, if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers Steve.
Just remembered, Monkey Grip!

Edited by steve-soar

[quote name='steve-soar' post='153353' date='Mar 7 2008, 08:03 PM']I feel strangely depressed now. That was a lot of bass for a little money, sorry to rub it in. :)
What are you going to do with the money, if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers Steve.
Just remembered, Monkey Grip![/quote]

yep, will be going towards my current build. I'll have to think of a name for it.