Why become a member? ×

NBD - Fretted Rob Allen Mouse

Frank Blank

I feel as I've come full circle. When I started out on BC in Nov 2014 I had acoustic basses exclusively and it's been a bit of a whirlwind trying, buying and selling lots of solid bodied electric basses looking for one that stuck. I should have learned my lesson in May 2018 when I purchased a fretless Rob Allen Mouse from @WishIcouldplay, I loved this bass totally. So, this morning I headed, oddly enough, back to see @WishIcouldplay in order to buy his fretted Rob Allen Mouse which is now in the rack at Chez Blank, both the ACGs are on their way to new owners which leaves me with a brand spanking new Ibanez SRH500 which I only bought because I'd given up on a fretted Mouse ever becoming available, it'll be up for sale soon. So is this set up, fretted and fretless Mice, Hx Stomp and a QSC K12.2 the final GAS killer? I suppose we shall see...

55382480-ADD6-4404-8E8E-EE4A1FC7E46E_1_201_a.jpeg

0B5FA840-6F89-48ED-A728-5E4E1DEBAA6A_1_201_a.jpeg

AAFE3E8C-3BD5-4B95-A74A-F6014DFD175A_1_201_a.jpeg

A908ECE9-965D-4039-A2E7-D1D6E15ED578_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 14

That's a lovely pair, if you don't mind me saying 😄. I had a fretless Mouse for a few years and often wondered what a fretted one would sound like. Can't find any fretted demos on youtube. Would be interesting to hear some sound clips if you can find a way of posting a short demo.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ikay said:

That's a lovely pair, if you don't mind me saying 😄. I had a fretless Mouse for a few years and often wondered what a fretted one would sound like. Can't find any fretted demos on youtube. Would be interesting to hear some sound clips if you can find a way of posting a short demo.

Damn, I was often down your way before the lockdown started, you could have had a go! I'll see what I can do. It sounds the same essentially but a little more clanky thanks to the frets and the strings are much newer than those on the fretless.

Love my Rob Allens, I’ve got a fretted Mouse5 (best sound, but sooo small) and the MB2 (known as the Rat!😉) 4 string, which has a lighter sound, but still very good and gets more play as it’s larger size suits my 6”6’ frame. Both are excellent. I’d love to get a Deep4 or 5 as well though!

• Like 1