Why become a member? ×

Talk me out of a NBD!

rasher80

So here's the state of play...

I'm a strictly "at home" player since I left my covers band  and the kids came along.

My lefty herd was thinned down to the bare bones, but since the start of the year it's grown a bit!

1. Maruszczyk Jake P/JJ 32"

2. Hofner Ignition w/ flats

3. Harley Benton B550

I'd always thought the first 2 would cover me in any scenario. I got the 5er to expand my playing as it's my first but I'd never be in a band where it would get much use. 

I've never had a Stingray but I really really want one. There are lefty SUB 4s kicking around for not too much 

Am I just being greedy having a load of instruments sat around only getting minimal play or should I scratch that itch???

If you can afford it, do it. I’m similar, I have some nice basses and only a non-gigging band, but playing bass is my hobby so why not have the instruments I want, providing I have the funds of course.

• Like 2

Well that's how I've been feeling about it to be honest. I know that I want to give one a go and being a big fan of Bernard Edwards I'll definitely enjoy playing it!

I love the black/black/maple combo and honestly don't know why I've not tried one before now.

Plus if I ever rejoined an indie covers band it would fit the sound and look. Win win!

Just now, Al Krow said:

If you really want to be talked out of getting another bass, then spend some time on this thread:

However, if you actually don't want to be persuaded to make do and mend, this is the thread for you 😉

I've been on the second thread a few times the last couple of days... I think that tells its own story!

3 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I don’t think you’re being greedy at all, if it’s something you enjoy doing then why not get what you want.   For years I couldn’t afford nice basses and now I can so I buy buy buy 🙂

I could definitely get on board with that mindset!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rasher80 said:

I've never had a Stingray but I really really want one. There are lefty SUB 4s kicking around for not too much 

1 hour ago, rasher80 said:

I love the black/black/maple combo and honestly don't know why I've not tried one before now.

Plus if I ever rejoined an indie covers band it would fit the sound and look. Win win!

I think the only talking you out of this would involve a hard backed chair, some gaffa tape and a rubber hose. You’ve made a good case and it’s not like you’re going for a full one, US made expense fest.

• Haha 1