Why become a member? ×

Moon Jazz Bass

loudandclear

Reluctantly... My moon bass - I bought this direct from Japan several years ago. It Is probably the most understated bass I own .The tone on this bass is incredible - great for slap (yes it does sound like Larry Graham) but really punchy fingersyle and also really driving when played with a Pick. It is well balanced , immaculately crafted - with an ebony fret board - it is also very very lite - one of the litest basses I have owned - it does have a few battle scars but nothing serious (most show up in the photos) and one of the pots crackles a little when turned. Not too many of these around so it is pretty difficult to price but I reckon £600 (+del) is fair - comments on this very welcome collection/tryout welcome.

[attachment=21880:DSC00344.jpg]
[attachment=21879:DSC00343.jpg]
[attachment=21878:DSC00342.jpg]
[attachment=21877:DSC00339.jpg]
[attachment=21876:DSC00336.jpg]
[attachment=21881:DSC00345.jpg]
[attachment=21882:DSC00347.jpg]

[quote name='Rich' post='432357' date='Mar 12 2009, 01:05 PM']Nice bass, even if it is missing a string :) Do you reckon the slopey neck pickup makes much tonal difference to a normal J? Just curious.[/quote]

Yes thank you Rich - it is a nice one - hard to say on the pick up front - the bass has great tone hard to tell how much is due to pick up positiong etc - looks good though imho!

[quote name='Apothem' post='432865' date='Mar 12 2009, 08:58 PM']This is a pic of mine (not up for sale at the mo)

[attachment=21918:D62_08moon_2.jpg]

They're not very common and the quality is superb, so £600 it's an absolute steal, somebody is in line for a bargain!![/quote]

Looks good in Red!! thanks for the comments

Bubinga thanks for the bump

Bass_ferret thanks also -I think its a decent price - always good to gauge though imho

Edited by loudandclear