Jump to content
dave_bass5

Gev Delano plays Bach on a fretless.

Recommended Posts

On 23/05/2020 at 05:31, ubit said:

No hate from me, I just think for a kid that age to be THAT good means that he hasn't had a normal childhood.

Meaning no video games, porn, weed and sugary snacks.  I’ll take the bass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2020 at 11:48, spencer.b said:

For me that's a great feel , sound and technique for a 10 year old  , looks like he's loving it too, why all the hate?

I think some people think sitting in front of a screen playing violent video games is normal:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 21/05/2020 at 09:03, 4000 said:

How much is he going to hate playing the bass by the time he’s in his 20s?😉😂

As long as he keeps on smiling and grooving he’s going to love it.


Non-musicians (particularly those that struggle with trying to play) look at the pain of musical development as a net loss.  In a musician’s mind the confusion, soreness, callouses, fear is just a part of getting to the good stuff.

You sound like a bad cook who says  “all that work to find Good ingredients and all that time in a hot kitchen seems like a huge chore”. 
 

He’s obviously found the happy place. 

Edited by BassicBbBlues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BassicBbBlues said:

As long as he keeps on smiling and grooving he’s going to love it.


Non-musicians (particularly those that struggle with trying to play) look at the pain of musical development as a net loss.  In a musician’s mind the confusion, soreness, callouses, fear is just a part of getting to the good stuff.

You sound like a bad cook who says saying “all that work to find Good ingredients and all that time in a hot kitchen seems like a huge chore”. 
 

He’s obviously found the happy place. 

Well I was half-joking. Which you appear to have missed.😉 But being 100% serious, there are lots of people who are forced into learning instruments at a very young age who eventually do see it as a chore. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BassicBbBlues said:

All of you haters should be ashamed of yourselves.


I grew up playing Graham (11) Stanley (12-15) and Jaco ( 16-59) and do all the magic tricks by 17 yrs old. (Donna Lee, Portrait of Tracy, Duel of the Jester and Tyrant.) Since 2008 I’ve studied Upright with names you should recognize. 

1st and foremost, the kid is smiling and grooving his behind off. That should tell you something.  His feel is A++

2nd He hears ALL OF THE MUSIC.; every little bounce, burp, nick and pop. That’s like understanding calculus but doing it in crayon with bad handwriting.  Particularly his rhythmic articulation is all there.

Branford once told me something that I had proved true: when you get a sound in your ear, your brain figures out how to get it eventually. In my experience, the cats who never make it happen don’t really hear it in their ear first. Check back with him in 24 months.

3rd to the extent that he’s flubbing some notes, playing out of tune, ghost noting and faking some notes, he has learned the First Commandment of Bass:

“Thou may f)[email protected] up the note but thou must never f%#* up the groove.”

He knows this at 10!

Your quibbling about him only is an admission of failure for all to see. 

Put something up that shows us how it’s done if you don’t like what he’s doing rather than trying to tear him down. Damn. You just put your weakness on full display when you try to tear him down,

Somebody really has had a sense of humour bypass, haven’t they?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. He really is a a 57 year old Welsh midget. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

No. He really is a a 57 year old Welsh midget. 

Pint-sized Palladino? I’ll get me coat......😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/05/2020 at 16:43, BassicBbBlues said:

All of you haters should be ashamed of yourselves.


I grew up playing Graham (11) Stanley (12-15) and Jaco ( 16-59) and do all the magic tricks by 17 yrs old. (Donna Lee, Portrait of Tracy, Duel of the Jester and Tyrant.) Since 2008 I’ve studied Upright with names you should recognize. 

1st and foremost, the kid is smiling and grooving his behind off. That should tell you something.  His feel is A++

2nd He hears ALL OF THE MUSIC.; every little bounce, burp, nick and pop. That’s like understanding calculus but doing it in crayon with bad handwriting.  Particularly his rhythmic articulation is all there.

Branford once told me something that I had proved true: when you get a sound in your ear, your brain figures out how to get it eventually. In my experience, the cats who never make it happen don’t really hear it in their ear first. Check back with him in 24 months.

3rd to the extent that he’s flubbing some notes, playing out of tune, ghost noting and faking some notes, he has learned the First Commandment of Bass:

“Thou may f)[email protected] up the note but thou must never f%#* up the groove.”

He knows this at 10!

Your quibbling about him only is an admission of failure for all to see. 

Put something up that shows us how it’s done if you don’t like what he’s doing rather than trying to tear him down. Damn. You just put your weakness on full display when you try to tear him down,

 

Hilarious - thanks for that.

:i-m_so_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bilbo said:

No. He really is a a 57 year old Welsh midget. 

I honestly don't know if you are been truthful here 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kid, Gev, is great! If you detractors would be so kind as to show us how its done, we might listen. But no, cuz you can't do It! Bless him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s nice to see Diego Maradona having a career after football. 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to never hear any more of the kid bassist who can certainly play fast but certainly can't play either in tune or with any musicality, it's just not entertainment.

But I am SO looking forward to more from BassicBbBlues/Basslover :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Have to say the third video clip was WAY better and did demonstrate musicality for sure. Bach and Jaco made me cringe though, sounded like they were played by a machine :(

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...